Best PayPal Casinos in New Zealand – May, 2023
PayPal is one of the most recognized online payment systems in the world. It has almost 400 million active customers and operates in nearly 200 countries. You can use PayPal for online gambling deposits and withdrawals in 25 currencies, so there is no need to worry about conversion fees. The best online PayPal casinos that accept PayPal payments can boast data encryption and fast payment transactions, making it one of the most convenient options for real-money gamblers.
At the time of writing, this payment method is no longer an option for New Zealand players, but you can always choose one of the main PayPal casino alternatives described in detail in the following guides:
Top-Rated NZ Online Casinos That Accept PayPal Alternatives in 2023
|200% up to $5000||Read Review||Aztec Wins||1000+|
|100% up to NZ$150 + 100 FS||Read Review||Fastpay||3407+|
|NZ$250 + 100 FS||Read Review||SlotNite||1370+|
|NZ$1500||Read Review||Betway Casino||140+|
|$1000 + 150 FS||Read Review||LeoVegas||550+|
|NZ$200 + 120 FS||Read Review||TonyBet||4000+|
|€1500 + 150 FS||Read Review||Playzee||1294+|
|$5000 + 50 FS||Read Review||Casimba||596+|
|50 FS||Read Review||PlayOJO||1400+|
|$1300 + 250 FS||Read Review||SKOL||2428+|
- Table of Contents
How CasinoHEX Tests and Rates Top PayPal Casino Sites
When playing games for real money, it is important to choose secure online casino sites that protect your data and ensure the randomness of games. Below, we have made a list of criteria that we use to choose casino sites for real money of the highest quality for our visitors. And if you lack time, scroll further and pick one of the best PayPal casinos from the list below.
✅ Licenses from Reliable Gambling Authority
All PayPal casinos should hold an international gambling license which proves that the site follows the laws, meets requirements, and protects its players. At the moment, the most reputable agencies are Malta Gaming Authority and UK Gambling Commission. Online licenses are also issued by Curacao, Kahnawake, and other organizations. Our expert team also checks whether a casino has the eCOGRA seal of approval. It indicates that the brand meets international standards, has fair games, and pays out on time.
✅ Fast PayPal Deposits and Payouts
When you compare real money online PayPal casinos, read about the speed of transactions. The thing is that this payment company has instant deposits and 24-hour PayPal withdrawals, but some casino operators have long pending periods, so you might wait 3-5 days for your money transfers.
✅ Casino Games from Reliable Developers
The best PayPal casino NZ sites have thousands of games on offer. And all titles are supplied by reputable and time-tested studios like, Microgaming, NetEnt, Betsoft, Play’n Go, and Yggdrasil. When seeing these names on the list, be sure that such online casino games are random and top-notch.
✅ Professional Customer Support Team
One of the things that distinguish top PayPal online casinos is quality support. Players shouldn’t wait hours or even days for a reply. That is why CasinoHex experts check whether customer support is available by live chat, email, phone, and social media 24/7. Multi-language assistance is a big advantage.
✅ NZ Dollars among Available Currencies
When you gamble online with the PayPal payment system, ensure that online casino accepts New Zealand dollars for deposits and withdrawals. This makes the process more convenient and allows avoiding extra fees. You also have bigger control over expenses because you don't need to convert bet sums during every wager.
Best PayPal Online Casinos in 2023
Since recently, it is impossible to find a Kiwi online casino that accepts PayPal deposits because of the changed terms and conditions. However, many punters are still interested in where they can play online slots, blackjack, jackpot games, roulette, and other casino titles using this payment method. Here are the best gambling sites that accept PayPal and are approved by CasinoHex experts:
|NZ Casino||Welcome Bonus||Min Deposit|
|🏆 Jonny Jackpot Casino||NZ$1000 + 100 FS||NZ$5|
|🏆 Playzee Casino||NZ$1500 + 150 FS||NZ$20|
|🏆 Casigo Casino||NZ$1100 + 375 FS||NZ$20|
|🏆 Captain Spins||NZ$1200 + 260 FS||NZ$10|
|🏆 Slotnite Casino||NZ$250 + 100 FS||NZ$10|
|🏆 Fastpay Casino||NZ$150 + 100 FS||NZ$10|
Jonny Jackpot Casino
Jonny Jackpot is one of the best online PayPal casinos not only in New Zealand but beyond. It was founded in 2019 and since then has gained thousands of loyal players. A generous $1,000 and 100 free spins welcome bonus, promotion calendar, and loyalty program will definitely surprise you.
- MGA and UKGC licenses
- NZD among accepted currencies
- Over 1,400 online casino games
- iOS and Android mobile app
- Not many live casino games
- Cryptocurrency is not accepted
If you love games from NetEnt, Microgaming, and other reputable studios, pay attention to Playzee with a 1,300+ lobby. This PayPal casino can also boast a diverse loyalty program with such rewards as VIP manager, cashback, extra cash, and even real-money gifts. The website is available not only in English but in German, French, Finnish, Swedish, and Norwegian as well.
- Free spins on Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest
- Accepts Paysafe and other prepaid cards
- $1,500 and 150 FS as a welcome bonus
- Outstanding design and user experience
- Phone support
- No mobile app
- Many restricted countries
From 2020, New Zealanders can enjoy CasiGO, a modern and colorful PayPal casino with a $1,100 match bonus on the first four deposits and 375 free spins. This instant withdrawal casino cooperates with more than a hundred software developers, so players always have access to the best and most rewarding titles.
- A 97.30% payout rate
- Powered White Hat Gaming, the company known in the industry
- Casino games from 112 developers
- 24/7 support
- Limited selection of poker and baccarat
- Many restricted countries
Licensed both by the Malta Gaming Authority and UK Gambling Commission, this PayPal casino is great for those who want to gamble online with real money funds. It supports numerous payment methods including Paysafe, Skrill, and Neteller, and accepts NZD. Captain Spins’ VIP Honor Club is also something worth trying!
- Over 2,000 games in the lobby
- Monthly Promotions Calendar
- 260 free spins on the Book of Dead
- A $10 minimum deposit
- No phone support
- PayPal bonus spins are valid 10 days
A bright and colourful Slotnite website makes gambling extremely fun and convenient, and numerous bonus offers – rewarding. This PayPal casino can boast a 98.1% payout, international licenses, and professional customer support. At Slotnite, you will also find a great mobile version for any operating system. You can sign up and immediately get 15 free spins without a deposit.
- Accepts New Zealand dollars
- 1,350+ online casino games
- MGA and UKGC licenses
- Wide video poker games selection
- Welcome bonus could be higher
New PayPal Casinos That Hit the Market
Some players prefer switching gambling sites and testing new casinos on a regular basis. If you are one of them, pay attention to the new PayPal casino list below:
|Welcome Bonus Vegas Kings|
PayPal – Famous Digital Wallet That Conquered the Globe
PayPal is an online payments system that connects bank cards with online stores, business websites, casinos, commercial users, and other companies. It was established in 1998 as Confinity and quickly gained global recognition. The system operates in 200 countries including Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and accepts 25 currencies.
In 2019, PayPal’s total assets equalled $51.3 billion. The company also stands behind numerous alliances. For example, Peter Thiel, PayPal’s co-founder is investing $4 million in Xero, a New Zealand online accounting software.
PayPal works like a separate account: players transfer money directly via a debit or credit card and then pay at online casinos via PayPal. There are many reasons why gamblers choose this payment method: outstanding security, fast transactions, and simplicity of use. They can also play casino games using PayPal on the go and make one-click payments. Unfortunately, PayPal in New Zealand is no longer accepted for gambling but who knows, maybe the legislation will change it rather soon.
|General Company Information|
|📌 Company name||PayPal Holdings, Inc.|
|📌 Founded||December 1998|
|📌 CEO||Dan Shulman|
|📌 Headquarter||San Jose, California|
|📌 Number of employees||26,500|
|📌 Minimum Deposit||$1|
|📌 Maximum Deposit||$1,500 per day|
|📌 Number of Casinos||15|
|📌 Casino Games||5000+|
|📌 Max Bonus||NZ$1600|
|📌 Best Casino||Captain Spins|
|📌 Deposit Alternatives||PayPal, Paysafe, Skrill|
🔒 Is it safe to gamble with PayPal?
PayPal online gambling is one of the safest on the modern market thanks to numerous measures that the company applies. Apart from outstanding data encryption, it has detailed Buyer, Account, and Fraud Protection features, so your identity is always secure. In addition, PayPal works only with the best online casinos with a crystal-clear reputation and allows conducting online payments without exposing financial information.
🔒 Should players pay any extra fees?
When making a PayPal casino deposit, you need to be aware of the fees that the company may apply. Casino deposits won’t take any additional fees but PayPal may request an extra payment on withdrawals depending on your country of residence. For example, some EU players may be asked to pay a withdrawal fee of up to 3.4%. In addition, there is a 0.4% – 7.4% conversion charge if you use a currency that is not supported by PayPal.
📞 Can I pay and play on the go with PayPal?
As a modern payment method, PayPal makes sure that it is convenient to conduct casino transactions not depending on the device. And if you want to speed up the process, activate PayPal One Touch which saves your information in the system and allows conducting payments in a single click without a need to remember countless passwords.
PayPal App – Convenient Solution for Mobile Players
It is very convenient to play PayPal slots on mobile thanks to a native application that is compatible with most operating systems. It is smooth, simple to navigate, and has a great design. Plus, the PayPal app adds an extra protection layer, so your casino transactions remain safe.
⌛ What is the average processing time?
When joining a PayPal online casino, users are rewarded with fast transactions. The average time is 24-48 hours which is significantly faster compared to other banking options. However, you should always check what pending period a casino has.
💳 What deposit amounts can be made with PayPal?
Every online casino sets its own deposit limits, so before creating an account and betting any money, make sure that you are ok with the requirements. Usually, minimum deposits range between $10 and $20 although the best $1 deposit online casinos are not rare to find.
When it comes to the maximum limit, a PayPal deposit casino sticks to the company’s requirement – up to $1,500 per day.
How to Make PayPal Casino Deposit?
To deposit with PayPal, you don’t need much time and effort. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Create a PayPal account by connecting it with a bank card. Download an app if you plan to conduct mobile payments.
- Complete a casino account registration, head to the Cashier section, and pick PayPal from the list.
- Enter the necessary sum but make sure it’s not lower than the minimum deposit.
- Check your PayPal balance. As a rule, the funds land on the account immediately.
When your balance is full, don’t forget to research the Promotions section to benefit from available deposit bonuses and rewards. But remember that they always come with terms and conditions like a wagering requirement, minimum, and maximum deposit, and so on.
How to Withdraw Your Winnings with PayPal?
It is extremely simple and convenient to withdraw money from an online casino with PayPal. Not depending on the platform, the process will look quite the same:
- Head to Cashier after logging in to account.
- Select PayPal in the list of withdrawal methods.
- Enter the necessary amount that fits into the withdrawal limits.
- Wait while the gambling operator approves the request and PayPal completes the transaction.
Fortunately, this payment method is rather fast and you’ll receive the money in a matter of minutes.
Best PayPal Casino Bonuses
When playing at PayPal gambling sites, don’t forget to check out their promotions. Rather often, these offers can add a significant amount to your bankroll or reward you with free spins, cashback, and more. Here are the best bonuses at the moment:
|No Wagering Bonus PlayOJO|| |
Can be used on the Rich Wilde And The Book Of Dead slot (Play'n GO).
|Welcome Bonus Jonny Jackpot|
✅ Advantages of Using PayPal For Online Gambling
If you still hesitate whether to pay with PayPal in online casinos or not, let us introduce you to the main benefits of this method:
- NZD currency. Paypal is accepted in over 200 countries and supports 25 currencies including NZD. Thus, you won’t experience any inconveniences not depending on where you are.
- Fast transactions. Casinos with a PayPal deposit are processed instantly and cashouts take not more than 48 hours. But you should still check the pending time.
- Can be used on the go. The best mobile casinos have PayPal on the list, so users can deposit and withdraw on any Android, iOS, or Windows mobile device.
- Easy to link with a bank account. The registering procedure consists of several stages and doesn’t require long verifications and confirmations.
- Insured and protected transactions. When using PayPal, you can be sure that your personal and payment details are safe, and transactions are insured in cases of malware or other problems.
❌ Disadvantages of Online Casinos That Accept PayPal Deposits
After reading the section above, you might think that a PayPal deposit casino is the best option. However, there are still a few pitfalls to take into account not to make a hasty decision:
- Transaction fees may apply. The company may charge a 2.9% fee if you use certain credit or debit cards. Fees also depend on the country of your residence and used currency.
- New Zealand players are not allowed. As we have mentioned above, PayPal allows gambling transactions only if this activity is legalized in the country. Unfortunately, New Zealand has restrictions in this regard.
Best PayPal Alternatives for New Zealand players
Considering that PayPal casinos in New Zealand are not available, players need a trustworthy and fast alternative. Here are some of the best payment methods at the moment:
Our Verdict: Reasons to Use PayPal In Online Casinos
Now you know everything about PayPal and its role in safe and convenient gambling. The main advantages of this payment method include:
- Secure data encryption;
- Fast withdrawing;
- Great online reputation;
- Extra safely layer between the bank account and the merchant.
It is also accepted by numerous brands, so it’s not a problem to find a rewarding and modern PayPal casino site. But keep in mind that recently the company has changed its rules regarding gambling and Kiwis can’t bet with PayPal. Fortunately, above you can learn about the alternatives and make your experience positive and convenient.
PayPal Casinos FAQ ✔
Is PayPal gambling legal in New Zealand?
- Because of the recent changes in the company’s rules, Kiwis no longer have a chance to use PayPal for gambling. Only approved websites from the countries where gambling is legal can use this payment method. Fortunately, New Zealand players have lots of alternatives discussed above.
What NZ online casinos accept PayPal?
- The list of websites that support this method is very broad but the best ones are Jonny Jackpot, Playzee, CasiGO, Captain Spins, and Slotnite. You can read their reviews in the sections above.
Can I use PayPal for online casino withdrawals?
- Sure! Conducting a withdrawal from the casino using PayPal is fast and convenient. It takes 24 – 48 hours and requires only a few keystrokes. When you top the balance with debit or credit cards, a transaction fee is usually absent.
What countries accept PayPal gambling transactions?
- In total, more than 200 countries support this payment method, although the list of those accepting PayPal for gambling is shorter. It mostly consists of European Countries such as the UK, Sweden, Finland, and Portugal.
Is it possible to make deposits on the go?
- Modern betting sites invest heavily in developing a responsive mobile version. That is why it’s quite easy to find a PayPal mobile casino and make fast deposits and withdrawals not depending on where you are and what device you use.
Can I play online pokies with PayPal?
- Yes, you can play a huge variety of games using this payment method. For example, slots, table games, live casino games, video poker, and so on. Many PayPal casinos also offer free spins for slots. You can even gamble without making PayPal casino deposits if you choose a demo mode.