For many years, online pokies remain the most popular and beloved kind of games among gamblers of any age, gender, and background. They are fun, fast, bright, and rewarding. It is possible to choose from thousands of slot games that differ in topics, plot, game developer, and bet sizes.
The last criterion is what distinguishes penny slots from the rest. When choosing such machines, the bet goes as low as a penny, resulting in lower risks and longer gameplay. If you are a beginner, have a limited bankroll, or simply want to learn more about pokies and casinos, penny machines are exactly what you need. On this page, we are going to tell you about the best penny slots, winning tips, and more. Go on reading and get answers to all your questions.
Play Penny Slots Online
History of Penny Slots
Liberty Bell, the first pokie machine, was invented back in 1894. Then, the mechanic was very simple and could accept only the smallest denomination coins. With the economic growth and popularity of penny slot machines, came a broader supply. Players could find quarter and nickel slots, as well as machines with a big number of paylines. This resulted in a broader selection of bet sizes.
With time, gamblers realized that penny slots couldn’t provide them with huge rewards and steadily turned to pokies with higher bets and jackpots. But penny machines still catered to beginners and those who didn’t have much money. After the launch of online casinos, free penny slots emerged. Thanks to them, you don’t have to spend anything to enjoy a game and get familiar with the rules.
Top 5 Penny Slot Machines
Considering that there are thousands of penny slot games on the modern market, finding a machine to taste becomes a real challenge. That is why our experts have made a list of the best penny slots online. They are:
- Starburst (NetEnt) – This popular casino machine is great both for beginners and high-rollers thanks to a broad bet range: from 10 cents to $100. It has five reels, ten paylines, and a bonus round. Starburst has a great interface and sound effects for the best user experience.
- The Wizard of Oz (WMS) – With a 0.01-coin minimum bet, this penny machine is perfect for the fans of the popular fantasy novel who have a limited budget. It has 5 reels, 30 pay lines, and gives a chance to receive free spins and maximize the chances of winning.
- Spartacus (Williams Interactive) – Follow the story of the Roman warrior and become a part of the historical battle. The slot is filled with multipliers, special symbols, and lots of freebies.
- Dead or Alive (NetEnt) – If you are a fan of the Wild West theme, try out the Dead or Alive slot. The minimum bet is only 10 cents, and you can try your luck across 5 reels. Apart from the standard Wild and Scatter symbols, it has multipliers and free spins.
- Cleopatra (IGT) – This slot has millions of fans across the world thanks to a great interface and features. It tells the story of Ancient Egypt through bonus rounds, free spins, a fixed jackpot, and tens of other perks. The bet size ranges from 0.01 to 200 coins, so this pokie is great for all categories of players.
When choosing one of these slots, you are guaranteed to have a great time.
Progressive Penny Slots
A progressive jackpot is a jackpot that increases with every game until it is hit. The more players make bets, the higher this jackpot is. Thus, its main feature is that the possible winnings are not fixed and can reach millions of dollars.
And the best part is that many progressive slots don’t require a high minimum bet. You can try your luck with as little as a few cents in the pocket. But keep in mind that to get the highest chances of winning, you will need to spend more. The most popular progressive jackpots slots at the moment are:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Mega Moolah
- 88 Fortunes
- Frost Queen Jackpots
- Burning Hot
Best Online Casinos With Penny Slots
|$12250||Read Review||Red Dog||260+|
|NZ$3000 + 350 FS||Read Review||Skycrown||6754+|
|€100 + 100 FS||Read Review||7bitCasino||600+|
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+|
|NZ$7500 + 550 FS||Read Review||Rickycasino||3841+|
|NZ$1000 + 200 FS||Read Review||Vegas Kings||2500+|
|NZ$500 + 50 FS||Read Review||Galaxyno||2286+|
|$1000 + 50 FS||Read Review||Casitsu Casino||4000+|
|$3000 + 50 FS||Read Review||PokiePlace||850+|
Vegas Crest Casino
|$2500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Vegas Crest Casino||700+|
Big Wins on Penny Slots
You shouldn’t expect to win million-dollar jackpots when playing penny slots for real money. In the first place, these games are created for fun and not for making money. And even if you see that the machine offers thousands of dollars of winnings, make sure to check out the requirements. As a rule, penny slots have a payout cap, i.e. the maximum sum you can win and withdraw. You can expect a $10- $50 win when betting a few pennies. But it is still a pleasant sum considering that you risk nothing.
Millions of players choose penny slots on mobile because they are more convenient and give the ultimate freedom. Software studios know about this trend and develop their games compatible with different operating systems and devices. For example, Android, iOS, and Windows. This means that you can easily switch between the desktop and browser versions any time you need.
And when playing at an online casino with a native application, you must log in only once and can conduct safe and fast payments without any strings attached.
Advantages and Disagvantages Of Choosing Penny Slots
While penny slots casinos are very attractive, they might not be your cup of tea. We have made a list of penny machines' main advantages and disadvantages to help you make the right decision.
- Penny slot machines are affordable and fit any budget;
- There are thousands of games from reputable developers to try;
- They have most of the features and symbols that regular slots have;
- Stuffed with numerous rewards, multipliers, and bonuses;
- Absence of risks because you don’t have to spend much;
- Suitable for beginners and compulsive players.
- You shouldn’t expect big wins
- Not all penny slots have a free spins round
Tips That Can Help You Win
Before you play penny slots online, it is wise to master a few tricks. After years of experience on the market, we have come up with a few vital strategies and are willing to share them with you:
- Check out the game’s RTP. A return-to-player rate is one of the most important indicators that shows the game’s profitability. The higher it is, the more rewarding a slot may be. You should stick to pokies that have a 95% RTP and higher.
- Choose a reliable casino. Only secure and licensed casinos are worth your attention. They won’t disappear with your money and personal data, and will always be there to help you solve any problem.
- Start with a demo mode. Even though penny slots are cheap, they still require spending money. To understand the game and master the rules, we recommend playing for free at first. You can do it either at the chosen casino or at CasinoHex.
- Stick to RNG games. Random Number Generator is a technology which ensures that the machine is fair and the outcomes are not rigged. Thus, the software developer, casino, or players can’t impact the results. Search for the RNG sign on the casino’s website or read descriptions of the selected games.
- Don’t neglect bonuses. They reward players with extra money, free spins, cashback, and lots of other perks. You can also join the loyalty program and receive regular rewards and special offers. Thus, your gameplay becomes even more lucrative!
Penny Slots FAQ
Can I win for real at penny slots?
- Yes, you can. The probability of winning depends not on the amount of your bet but on the machine’s return-to-player rate. Other factors include the availability of bonus features and the number of paylines. However, when wagering the lowest bet don’t expect to get significant rewards.
Are penny slots fair and reliable?
- When choosing a secure pokie to play, make sure to check whether it is fair and created by a reputable software developer. The main thing to look for is whether the slot runs on an RNG technology which ensures that the game is not rigged. And don’t forget to choose a trustworthy online casino.
Can I play these games for free?
- Yes, most penny slots are available in demo mode. This means that you can test them for free before deciding whether to spend any money or not. Go to the casino’s lobby, select a game, and check whether it has a free mode. You can also play thousands of games at CasinoHex without the need to register at an online casino. Are penny slots available on mobile? Most pokies, not depending on the size of the bet, are adapted to smartphones and tablets. This means that you can play your favorite games through a browser or inside a native application. Ensure that the Internet connection is secure and play any time you feel bored.
What is the maximum bet I can make on penny slots?
- In most cases, penny slots significant maximum bets because developers and casinos want you to wager as much as you can. This means that the same machine can accept 10 cents and $50 bets at the same time, and the size of the winnings may greatly differ.
What are the best penny pokies on the market?
- There are lots of great slots that don’t require big bets. They differ in many reels, styles, bonus rounds, and other features, so it may be difficult to decide. In our opinion, the most interesting and rewarding penny slots are Starburst, Wizard of Oz, Spartacus, Dead or Alive, and Cleopatra. You can read about them in the sections above.