Blackjack is the most played casino game in the world and continues to conquer the minds and hearts of players due to its simplicity and excitement. At first, this card game was played at closed gatherings and land-based venues. But now you can play blackjack online from anywhere in the world.
If players were asked what the most important part of a blackjack game is, most of them would say having a great dealer. And to have them, you no longer need to go to land-based casinos. Thanks to the live dealer games, you have access to professional dealers without leaving your home.
In these guidelines, we will tell you about the world of real money live blackjack and will answer all the questions you might have. Including:
Best Live Blackjack Casinos in New Zealand
|$12250||Read Review||Red Dog||260+|
|$12000||Read Review||Slots Empire||260+|
|NZ$7500 + 550 FS||Read Review||Rickycasino||3841+|
|NZ$500 + 50 FS||Read Review||Galaxyno||2286+|
|NZ$1000 + 200 FS||Read Review||Vegas Kings||2500+|
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+|
|$7777 + 300 FS||Read Review||Slotocash||200+|
|$3500 + 125 FS||Read Review||Lucky Creek||136+|
|$3000 + 50 FS||Read Review||PokiePlace||850+|
|$2500||Read Review||Raging Bull||200+|
How We Review Live Blackjack Casinos
The modern market offers so many live blackjack sites and game variations that it may be difficult to choose the right one. But you don’t have to worry about such things because Casino HEX experts regularly review online casinos to introduce you only to the most trustworthy and reliable ones. Here are the criteria that we check:
- Licenses – A solid live dealer blackjack casino should be licensed and audited by international gambling authorities like UKGC and MGA. If you see their license on the website, it means that the gambling site can be trusted;
- Big live blackjack lobby – A big selection of titles indicates that you won’t have to create several accounts on different websites to play all your favourite games. Diversity is one of the factors that we check when reviewing online casinos;
- Rewarding bonuses – Different promotions and clear terms are crucial if you are looking for the best online casino for live blackjack;
- Fast payouts and secure payment methods – It is important to pick a suitable banking option that uses encryption software and ensures the security of data. Such methods usually provide quick withdrawals;
- 24/7 support – Being able to contact the support team any time is crucial for convenient and comfortable gambling. A solid casino should offer round-the-clock assistance via multiple channels. Including live chat, email, phone number, and social media.
Benefits of Playing Online Blackjack With Live Dealer
Live stream games are extremely popular, but there are still players who don’t know whether to choose these titles or not. Let us enumerate some of the most important benefits that you get when decide to play online blackjack live:
- The games are fair. The cards are dealt by a person, not by a computer algorithm and you see the whole process. That is why you don’t have to worry about rigged games;
- The dealer is a real person. It is difficult to find a player who prefers a boring computer dealing the cards, so one of the most obvious advantages of live blackjack is that you play with a human dealer. And a very professional one;
- You can choose the dealer. When joining an online casino with live dealer blackjack, players are able to select the dealer based on their preferences. For example, gender, ethnicity, and outfit. Even if you find it not so important, this feature might add excitement to the game;
- It is convenient. There is no need to go anywhere if you want to experience a realistic gambling atmosphere. Just join a live table and you will hear the sounds of an actual casino and the voice of a real dealer;
- Advanced technologies. Live dealer games can boast the latest digital technologies, so when choosing these options, you remain at the forefront of the iGaming market;
- Live communication. Live chat allows communicating with the dealer and other players which adds interaction to the process.
Live Dealer vs Online
If you see live blackjack in New Zealand online casinos but still don’t know how it differs from online versions, let us tell you about the main differences.
|Realistic design.||Broader lobby.|
|Interaction with dealers.||Available in a free mode.|
|More transparency.||Lower betting limits.|
|Realistic sound effects.||More gaming titles.|
Best Bonuses For Blackjack Players
Live blackjack has one of the lowest house edges (around 0.5-0.7%) which means that you will hardly find high bonuses when playing this game. However, when choosing a reliable online casino, you have access to a range of promotions which can still bring you lots of benefits. For example:
- Welcome bonus – For the first deposit, you can get extra cash that may be used on any game including live blackjack;
- Reload bonus – It comes in a form of a match bonus and is offered to regular players. For example, when depositing $50, you get a 100% match, i.e. another $50 to play with;
- VIP program – Remaining loyal to the casino can be rather beneficial and bring you extra cash, participation in closed tournaments, and regular draws;
- Cashback – This live blackjack bonus offers players a return on their losses. Usually, the cashback percentage increases as you climb the loyalty ladder.
Play Live Blackjack Online
How To Play Live Blackjack Online
Now, when you know why live blackjack for real money deserves your attention, let us discuss the registration process and main game peculiarities:
- Choose a casino and create an account. The platform should meet the criteria mentioned above, be appealing, and allowed in your country of residence. To register, indicate all the required details and verify your account;
- Make a deposit by choosing a preferred payment method, currency, and sum;
- Pick a game. There may be many live blackjack tables, so be attentive and choose the one which suits not only your preferences but also bankroll;
- Make a bet. You should bet on one of three basic outcomes: a player wins, a banker wins, a tie. There are also side bets to consider but we recommend choosing them only if you have mastered the basic rules;
- Cards are dealt. All players, including the banker, are dealt two cards each. You will see the values of your cards on the screen. You can use such options as Double Down (double the bet to add a card to the hand), Hit (another card is added), Stand (if you like the cards), or Split (if you have two cards of the same value, Split allows making two separate hands);
- Collect the winnings. The hand which is closer to 21 wins.
When playing live dealer blackjack online, you don’t have to master any new rules because they are the same not depending on whether you gamble against a real person or a computer. Here are the main rules you need to know:
- Cards from 2 to 10 have the same value as the number on them. Face cards (J, Q, K) equal 10, while A – 1 or 11 depending on the way it’s played;
- Your hand’s value is the sum of all cards. Your goal is to have the biggest hand value among other players without exceeding 21 (in such a case, you will lose);
- The game starts and each player gets two cards. You can then decide whether you will stand with the dealt combination or request more cards.
Depending on the chosen game variation, you will have access to an additional set of options and bets.
Odds & Payouts
The probability of winning and the sum you can add to the bank account are two important features for gamblers. And live online blackjack is not an exception. In most cases, you will get a 150% return (3:2) but the odds differ from one bet to another.
For example, Perfect Pair pays out 25:1 with 3.98% odds. Mixed Pair – 6:1 with a 16.39% chance of winning. Flush has a 5:1 payout and the highest odds of 19.61%.
We recommend getting familiar with the odds and payouts in advance because they might significantly influence your decision of choosing a particular game. This information is usually provided by an online casino in the game’s description.
If you want to win money and reduce the risks, it is important to be aware of different tricks. Playing against a live blackjack dealer doesn’t differ from online blackjack in terms of strategy. And below we will tell you about the most popular of them:
|Basic Strategy||Conservative Strategy||Martingale Strategy|
|Its main point is making an optimal decision based on the cards you have. Some call it card counting and in some way blackjack basic strategy is similar to it. However, in blackjack everything is much simpler: you just download a free cheat-sheet which shows how you should play every possible hand. And it is completely legal.||Understanding how to make bets properly is the key feature of this strategy. It suggests players increase stakes only when you win and the potential losses can be compensated by your bankroll. In simple words, raise the stakes when winning and lower them when losing.||This strategy is opposite to a conservative one and suggests doubling your bets when losing. It can be a perfect strategy for players who have a lot of money, want to win big, and can also afford to lose. If you are ready to spend at least $500, this strategy may be a good option.|
Most Popular Live Blackjack Games
It is difficult to find a person who doesn’t like playing casino games online: this pastime is fun and you can enjoy it no matter where you are. The only difficulty is that you will need to choose one of the thousands of games, each of which has a range of benefits and unique features.
Let us introduce you to the most popular live dealer online blackjack games at the moment. We are sure that they will also conquer your hearts.
If you are new to blackjack, start with its classical variation. It doesn’t have any complex rules and side bets, so you will be able to concentrate on the basic rules without fear of missing something out. This live blackjack type has a big diversity of betting limits, so can be good both for low- and high-rollers.
In the traditional version, you can also choose dealers and chat with other players. Another advantage is that most development studios have Classic Blackjack, so you can try out different variations and pick the one which has the most appealing design.
Created by Evolution Gaming, this game has seven seats and is run by two dealers. One of them deals with the cards and another entertains the players. Blackjack Party has 8 decks and players can split cards and double down. When dealers show Ace, the Insurance is offered. It pays 2:1.
At this game variation, you can choose from such side bets as 21+3 (100:1 payout) and Perfect Pairs ( pays out 6:1 and 25:1 depending on whether they are suited or not). If you want to play live blackjack online and all seats are occupied, you can use the Bet Behind option. Party Blackjack offers a big variety of customization settings.
Another game variation from Evolution which is popular among players is Infinite Blackjack. The gameplay itself is the same as in any classical version but you are the only gambler at a table which means that you don’t have to wait for others. The game starts at any time when you are ready.
Like any other creation of this developer, Infinite Blackjack has an outstanding design, professional dealers, and lots of settings to make the game interesting and personalized.
If you are after big wins, try out VIP Blackjack. It has the same rules but the bet amount is significantly higher. You can bet up to $10,000 per hand (which turns into $70,000 if playing on all decks). Another important advantage is that players are treated like VIPs, are offered the best services and the games are run by the best dealers.
Plus, it is quite easy to find a free seat at VIP Blackjack because not so many players are ready to make impressive bets. Thus, you will never have to wait for a place at a table.
Lucky Streak Blackjack
Lucky Streak is a live blackjack game with seven seats and an impressive 99.39% return to player rate. One player can occupy up to three seats and play multiple hands. Lucky Streak’s outstanding feature is the Hot Or Not stats which shows how good the seated players are and how many wins they have had.
At this variation, you can split cards once during a single round and double down. If the dealer’s upcard is Ace, you can get an Insurance. It costs 50% of the initial bet and has a 2:1 payout. There are also Perfect Pair and 21+3 side bets.
A side menu allows changing video quality, enabling sound effects and animation, choosing languages, and checking basic strategies and rules. Luck Streak will definitely come to taste not depending on whether you are only getting familiar with the game or have already mastered the rules.
Software Providers That Create Live Games
One of the things to consider when choosing a real money live blackjack game is the company that developed it. Picking a reputable agency ensures that the games are fair, top-notch, and beautiful. Here are the companies which produce the best live blackjack titles:
|This Canadian company is constantly growing and can boast exclusive game designers and developers. It is well-known for outstanding games in numerous categories and its live blackjack doesn’t lag behind. All of them have outstanding design and video quality and can boast the highest security. Microgaming live dealer games are also packed with great features such as Bet Behind, Auto bet, and PlayCheck.|
|It has been on the market since 2006 and already has studios in Malta and Latvia. Evolution Gaming can boast one of the biggest live blackjack collections including an 8-shoe deck and Classical Blackjack.|
|Since 2013 it has been supplying players with live games not only on desktop but also on mobile. Some of the most popular NetEnt creations are Blitz Blackjack and Perfect Blackjack.|
|Playtech is one of the oldest gambling development studios which was founded in 1999 and headquarters in the Isle of Man. They offer five live blackjack versions including 7 Seats, Unlimited, and Quantum Blackjack.|
Your Favorite Games on Mobile
Nowadays, mobile gambling is extremely popular, and more and more players choose it over a traditional one. There are numerous online casinos that have a broad selection of live blackjack titles that can be enjoyed on the go.
If you want to play this game on mobile, choose a browser version of the chosen live blackjack online casino or download a dedicated app at App Store or Play Market. They are both optimized for various smartphones and tablets, have outstanding design, and offer a big number of additional perks and bonuses.
When deciding to play on the go, pay attention to your battery charge and the network connection. Choosing unreliable ones can lead to data loss and interrupted games.
Tips & Tricks to Help You Win
No matter whether you are a casual player or a high-roller, you won’t mind winning some cash. The main rule is to choose a reliable online live casino that is fair and publicly audited. However, there are a few other tips on how to win playing online live blackjack. And below we will share them with you.
- Start with the lowest bet. Unfortunately, there are no live blackjack tables available in a training mode, so you won’t be able to play them for free. However, there are games with extremely low bets ($0,50), so you can try them out without any harm to the budget. Thus, you will understand the game’s peculiarities, feel more relaxed, and will practice blackjack skills;
- Choose the right game. There are numerous live blackjack variations, so you should be attentive when picking a table. The number of decks, minimum/maximum bets, and the number of allowed players can significantly influence the house edge and your gambling experience;
- Plan your budget. The first and probably the most important rule is to decide how much money you can spend without harm to the budget. Manage your stakes wisely and leave the game if you are running out of money;
- Try to occupy a seat that is further from the dealer. In such a way, you will see more cards that were played out.
Useful Live Dealer Guides from Casino HEX Experts
If you are interested in the gambling world and want to master the peculiarities of different games, as well as useful tips and tricks, we recommend reading guides created by our experts:
|Live Gambling Guide||Live Roulette Guide||Live Baccarat Guide|
How to get started with live blackjack game?
- Start with choosing a reliable gambling site. For example, the one rated by Casino HEX. Then, create an account and make a deposit. Head to the lobby, choose a live blackjack version to taste and start playing. We recommend reading the Terms and Conditions beforehand to understand the rules and avoid common mistakes.
What is the minimum bet you can make in live blackjack?
- Betting limits in live blackjack are rather diverse, so anyone can find a variation to taste. At the moment, the lowest bet is only $0.50.
Can I play live blackjack on my smartphone?
- Yes, the majority of live blackjack options are available on mobile, so you can play on the go not depending on where you are. Most online casinos run smoothly on iOS, Android, and Windows devices, so you just need to pick a platform with live blackjack and load it on your smartphone. We recommend choosing reliable Wi-Fi networks to avoid disconnections and data losses.
Can I play live dealer games for free?
- Unfortunately, playing free live blackjack games is impossible. All live games are available solely in a real-money mode because they are led by real people who deal the cards not for free.
Is live blackjack a good option for high-rollers?
- Yes, there are titles that allow betting thousands of dollars. For example, Salon Prive (Evolution Gaming) offers to bet $10,000 per single hand and play on seven boxes. Usually, tables for high-rollers offer lots of add-ons and VIP services.
What is Blackjack Party?
- Blackjack Party is an Evolution Gaming creation that is available in multiple casinos and is one of the most popular variations of blackjack. There are two dealers at a table who ensure laid back and fun atmosphere. They joke, entertain players, and behave more relaxed compared to traditional blackjack tables.
Are there any live blackjack bonuses?
- Yes, there are different promotions waiting for players. For example, loyalty rewards, cashback, and reload bonuses. Blackjack has a low house edge, so you shouldn’t expect sky-high bonuses but there are always offers to taste, especially if you choose a reliable casino.
Can dealers see me?
- No, when playing live blackjack you don’t have to worry that the dealer or other players will see you. The dealer only sees your name and the information from the live chat. Thus, you are completely safe.
What software providers have the best live blackjack games?
- The modern market is filled with companies that create live games and all of them have advantages and disadvantages. However, the most popular and reputable are Evolution Gaming, Playtech, NetEnt, and Microgaming. Their games run on the best software, have the most professional dealers and can boast outstanding design.
How much money can I win?
- It is impossible to say how much you can win playing live blackjack because everything depends on the chosen casino, its bonuses, your bet, and lots of other factors. However, blackjack has a low house edge which makes it a rather beneficial game in terms of winning.