Online Keno in New Zealand
In 2018, an anonymous winner from Australia has won $7,898,799 playing keno in Lambton. This event has attracted even more people to the game that millions of gamblers already loved. New Zealand players are not an exception and are always among the first to try out new online keno sites.
The rules are rather simple: wager on the numbers that are drawn randomly on the screen and get paid for the match. To play keno games you don’t need to master any strategies and skills, so not surprising that more and more sites add this lottery to their lobbies.
From this online keno guide for Kiwi players, you’ll learn about the following:
Best Online Keno Sites in 2023
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+||
|$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Casino Days||3000+||
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Dolly Casino||3500+||
|NZ$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||Bluechip||8102+||
|$5000 + 300 FS||Read Review||Casinonic||1400+||
|NZ$2000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Kosmonaut Casino||1800+||
|NZ$3000 + 350 FS||Read Review||Skycrown||6754+||
|100% up to NZ$150 + 100 FS||Read Review||Fastpay||3407+||
|NZ$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||5000+||
Casino Of The Month
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Neon54||4644+||
Main Criteria for Choosing A Trusted Keno Site
The number of online casinos with keno is constantly growing, so it becomes more and more difficult to tell a good platform from a bad one. However, this step is crucial, especially if you are going to play online keno games for real money. To help you make the right choice, our experts explain what to consider when picking a gambling site:
- Game and bet selection. There are different types of games, tickets, and bets that can significantly influence the outcome. That is why when choosing a keno casino, you should research the options. You can even test the games in a demo mode to decide which one suits you the most without spending a dollar.
- Official license. Top keno online casinos are approved by such international authorities as MGA and UKGC. They check compliance with gambling laws, audit financial activities, and ensure that the players are treated fairly.
- Bonuses and promotions. The more bonuses you are offered, the more rewarding your stay at a casino can become. Check out if it has welcome bonuses, loyalty programs, regular offers, and other perks. If you are interested only in keno, it’s wise to search for casinos that have specific bonuses for this game. Don’t forget to make sure whether these promotions have fair and clear requirements.
- Diverse banking methods. The best keno sites cooperate only with reliable payment companies. The list should include bank cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies, and prepaid cards. The more options available, the simpler and cheaper gambling becomes.
- Mobile compatibility. More and more players prefer playing online lotto, slots, and table games on the go. That is why thousands of casinos already adapt their websites to smartphones and tablets. You don’t even have to download native applications because most platforms run through browsers.
- Security and data protection. Your stay at an online casino should be trouble-free that is why you should choose platforms that are protected by the latest encryption protocols and are regularly audited on fairness. Check out if the chosen site has eCOGRA seal of approval.
- Fast withdrawals. Another criterion is the speed of withdrawals: it should be easy and fast to cash out your winnings. Depending on the chosen payment method, the process may take from several hours to more than one week. Short pending time is also an indicator of a good casino. It shows that support agents don’t want to waste your time and check transactions without delays.
How To Play Keno Online: Main Rules To Consider
It is extremely simple to master keno rules, so even if you have never played the game before, be sure that there won’t be any challenges on your way. Especially after reading our step-by-step guide:
- Select a game to play. There are thousands of keno rooms and game variations, so you should first research your options and decide which one you’d like to play. Below we will discuss the most popular variations.
- Choose the numbers. A traditional keno card consists of 80 numbers that are located on 8 rows. As a rule, you can pick up to 20 numbers. Keno odds depend on how many numbers you have chosen and how many matches there are. For example, the odds of guessing two correct numbers is 1:20, ten – 1:253.
- Select the bet amount by adjusting the settings on the corresponding field.
- Pick the number of games. Don’t forget that the more games you play, the more you will need to pay.
- Wait for the results. Once all the settings are chosen, the computer draws the numbers and your ticket is automatically checked and marked. When the draw is finished, you will see how much you have won straight on the screen.
When surfing keno casino sites, especially for the first time, you might come across lots of unfamiliar terms. To simplify the process, we want to introduce you to the most common concepts and their definitions.
|Bankroll||The number of money a player is planning to spend.|
|Bingo||The initial name of the keno game. Modern keno and bingo are very different even though both have ball draws.|
|Boc Hop Bu||A Cantonese name for keno since the 1800s.|
|Buy-in tournament||For a set fee, players can participate in a keno tournament and compete for the top prize. The higher your ranking is, the greater reward you can expect.|
|Catch Zero||An additional bet when a gambler is hoping not to mark any numbers on the ticket.|
|Deuce||Two marked numbers that are situated next to each other.|
|Field||Numbers on a keno ticket.|
|Hold||The money that an online casino earns after paying the winnings.|
|House||Another name for casino.|
|Mark||It appears on a ticket to highlight the matching numbers. Usually, a mark is made with a crayon.|
|Multi-game ticket||A ticket that is played across several games.|
Keno Game Payouts
Casino payouts are also called paytables and players are rewarded depending on the number of balls they have guessed. A payout percentage, one of the most important indicators to search for, shows how much a casino pays out on every wager. It is an average percentage for a particular casino, so it doesn’t mean that if a platform has a 97% payout, you are guaranteed to return $97 on every $100 spent.
On average, keno payouts equal 95 – 97% and the information should be available in the public domain on the casino’s website.
Popular Versions Of Keno Games
Keno is a fun and dynamic game that has millions of fans across the world. If you also want to try it, be sure to find a variation to taste not depending on whether you are searching for real money or free keno games. Here are the most common options apart from traditional keno:
- Power keno – This variation is rather new compared to other keno games online but already has lots of fans. The only difference is that if the last ball matches the number in your ticket, the winnings are multiplied by four.
- Chinese keno – Even though it is quite rare to find, this variation is the first and the most traditional keno type you will ever find.
- Progressive keno – A regular game flow is changed with an added jackpot that can reach millions of dollars. As a rule, all top keno websites have this variation.
- Tournaments – To add competition to the game and receive additional rewards, you can participate in keno tournaments. They have significant prizes and make the game more exciting.
We recommend gamblers to play keno for free and research the options to pick the best variant depending on the wagers, layout, number of tickets, and other criteria.
Best Keno Bonuses for New Zealanders
Bonuses can make gambling more fun and rewarding. That is why when searching for keno gambling sites, you should always check their promotions. Let us enumerate only some of the most popular offers among Kiwis:
- Welcome bonuses. Almost all online casinos that offer keno can boast sign-up promotions which add a significant amount of money to your account.
- Reload bonuses. They are credited on a regular basis and can award you with a huge number of different perks: cashback, free money, and much more.
- Loyalty points. With their help, players climb the loyalty ladder and obtain personalized offers and unique promotions. For example, higher and quicker withdrawals, personal managers, etc.
- VIP keno tournaments. You may be invited to closed events with an impressive prize pool and higher betting limits.
- Real-value gifts including t-shirts, smartphones, cruise trips, and whatnot.
How To Win On Keno: Tips From Our Experts
It is difficult to find a person who doesn’t want to win money playing online keno. Even though it’s a game of chance and not much depends on your skills and knowledge, there are still a few online keno strategies that may help. Casino Hex experts are ready to share them with you:
- Start small and be patient. If you don’t want to lose the money in a single round, we recommend starting with the smallest bets. Thus, you’ll adjust to the game, its pace, and the layout. With time, you can increase the wagers.
- Choose a reliable online casino. Trustworthy gambling sites secure your money and personality, cooperate only with reputable software developers, and are ready to help if any problems arise.
- Use bonuses. There is a rewarding offer literally for anyone: roulette and blackjack fans, slot and keno lovers. You just need to pick the one that you can benefit from.
- Check the payouts in advance. The payouts depend not only on the number of matches but also on the chosen site.
FAQ About Online Keno Game
What is keno and how to play it?
- Keno is a lottery game played both online and offline. As a rule, the keno ticket consists of 80 numbers, and players wager on the numbers (maximum 20) that will be drawn by the computer. The payouts depend on the number of correctly selected balls.
Where to play keno online?
- The number of real money keno casinos is overwhelming, so if you want to find the best option, we recommend using the criteria discussed in our guide. You can also choose one of the platforms that were reviewed and tested by our specialists. All of them are fair, random, and top-notch.
What are the most winning keno numbers?
- According to the New Zealand Lotteries Commission, the most drawn numbers are 27, 35, and 3 with a 25.66%, 25.60%, and 25.57% probability accordingly. However, the probability of matching other numbers is insignificantly lower, so you shouldn’t base the choice solely on statistics.
Can I play mobile keno?
- Yes, modern online casinos have not only desktop but also mobile versions. This is great news for those who love playing on the go. You can either gamble via smartphone browser or by downloading applications from the App Store or Play Market. You can even find dedicated keno apps with top-notch designs and special offers for mobile players.
Is keno available in a free mode?
- Yes, keno players have a chance to play their favorite game without spending anything. There is a huge number of casinos that offer free keno titles. Just pick the variation you like and enjoy the game without any risks and time limitations.
What keno strategies exist?
- Keno is a game of pure luck, so there is nothing you can do to influence the draw’s outcome. However, there are a few basic strategies that help to play wisely. For example, setting loss limits or betting less when you are losing.
Is online keno fair?
- Like any other game of chance, keno is based on the Random Number Generator technology. This means that the numbers are drawn randomly and no one can predict the outcome. To secure yourself, you should choose time-tested and reputable online casinos.
How many balls are there in online keno?
- While the numbers on the ticket may vary, there is a total of 20 balls to select. During one round, you can wager on up to 20 numbers.