Many Kiwis don’t know that it is possible to play casino games using New Zealand dollars. Moreover, they are not aware of where to find trusted NZD casinos and what numerous advantages they provide to their customers. For this reason, our experts have created a detailed guide about the best New Zealand online casinos that accept our local currency.
In the sections below, we will cover convenient payment methods for NZD payments, talk in detail about the specificity of such gambling transactions, including the minimum deposit requirement, extra fees, and players’ safety, and take a closer look at the best online casinos that accept NZ dollars in 2022. Stop spending your time counting conversion costs instead of spinning your favorite pokies!
Best Online Casinos That Accept New Zealand Dollars in November 2022
|NZ$10000 + 200 FS||Read Review||Olympia Casino||5116+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Neon54||4644+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Dolly Casino||3500+|
|NZ$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||5000+|
|NZ$3000 + 350 FS||Read Review||Skycrown||6754+|
|NZ$500 + 300 FS||Read Review||NightRush||747+|
|$300 + 100 FS||Read Review||Spinz||1153+|
|NZ$250 + 100 FS||Read Review||SlotNite||1370+|
|NZ$7500 + 550 FS||Read Review||Rickycasino||3841+|
|$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Lucky Days||1250+|
- Table Of Contents
Best Online Casinos With NZ Dollars in 2022
It’s quick and easy to pay and play at an online casino that accepts New Zealand dollars. You don't have to waste time counting the conversion fees and looking for convenient alternative to your local payment. Check out these best online casino platforms with NZD currency and what they have to offer:
|NZD Casino||Welcome Bonus||Min Deposit|
|Jackpot City Casino||NZ$1600||NZ$10|
|Ruby Fortune Casino||NZ$750||NZ$10|
|Spin Palace Casino||NZ$1000||NZ$10|
|Gaming Club Casino||NZ$350||NZ$10|
|Mr Bet Casino||NZ$2250||NZ$15|
|Lucky Nugget Casino||NZ$200||NZ$15|
JackpotCity Casino – Up to NZ$1600 Bonus
|NZ$1600||Read Review||Jackpot City||525+|
You could play at JackpotCity Casino for days and still not tap into all of the games on offer at this highly-rated NZD online casino. With plenty of choice of games, excellent security, and of course being one of those NZD casinos, it shouldn’t be difficult to spend time here.
- More than 3.5 million players have joined this brand
- Awarded the Best of Online Gaming
- High payout rate (95.96%)
- eCOGRA approved
- Around 525 casino games in the lobby
- No free spins in the welcome offer
Jonny Jackpot Casino – NZ$1000 + 100 Free Spins
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Jonny Jackpot||1400+|
This online casino platform is relatively new, but has already gained the reputation of reliable operator, that offers various games, profitable promotions and great service. We especially recommend to take a look at their live games opportunities and VIP Program, that allows to claim various different rewards depending on the level you earned.
- Generous welcome package of NZ$1,000 and 100 free spins
- Almost 1,000 online pokies in the lobby
- Malta and UKGC licenses
- Only $5 minimum deposit requirement
- Fresh and outstanding design
- Can’t choose a game to use the free spins
- Many restricted countries
SpinCasino – Up to NZ$1000 Bonus
Another popular gaming site for Kiwis, this one if the best New Zealand dollar online casino sites offers weekly promotions as well as a generous sign-up bonus, and is one where both experienced gamers and new players are welcome.
- On the market since 2001
- A big number of currencies including NZD
- Has an NZ-English website version
- Impressive sports betting section
- Casino slots only from two developers
All Slots Casino – Up to NZ$1500 Reward
|NZ$1500||Read Review||All Slots||700+|
To say that this is an NZD casino that all Kiwi gamers should visit is an understatement. All Slots have been offering a special Welcome package to Kiwis for over a decade and has proved its reputation as a great gaming platform.
- Many international rewards
- Over 20 years of casino experience
- 96.01% payout rate
- Smooth mobile version
- A limited lobby
- x50 wagering requirement
Guts Casino – Up to NZ$100 + 100 Free Spins
|$100 + 100 FS||Read Review||Guts||600+|
Not just a welcome bonus but a generous number of free spins for all the newcomers is on offer at this trendy NZ dollar online casino. If you are looking for unforgettable gaming experience, then this brand is exactly for you!
- Thousands of casino games to choose from
- x25 wagering requirement
- 96.01% payout rate
- Instand deposits and fast withdrawals
- UKGC and MGA license
- A small welcome bonus
- A limited selection of table games
CasiGo Casino – NZ$1100 + 375 Free Spins
|NZ$1100 + 375 FS||Read Review||CasiGo||1500+|
This recently opened online casino is already becoming one of the leading brands on New Zealand market thanks to its easy-to-use design, convenient mobile application and professional support team.
- 97.30% payout rate
- 20 no deposit free spins
- Various promotions for regular players
- More then thousand slot games
- No social media or phone support
Lucky Nugget Casino – Up to NZ$200 Bonus
Lucky Nugget Casino
|NZ$200||Read Review||Lucky Nugget Casino||650+|
Being one of the oldest platforms for Kiwis, Lucky Nuggest is considered to be one of the safest and most reputable online casinos. Here New Zealand players can easily make deposits and withdrawals in New Zealand dollars by choosing one of the available payment methods.
- Modern design and navigation
- Operating since 1998
- Great mobile version
- Wide choice of live dealer games
- Only 600 online casino games in the lobby
- A small welcome bonus
SkyCity Online Casino – NZ$100 + 10 Free Spins
|$100 + 10 FS||Read Review||SkyCity||169+|
SkyCity is one of the New Zealand dollar casinos that you shouldn’t miss. It belongs to the chain of popular and reputable land-based casinos all over the country. Apart from the best casino games, you have access to the latest encryption technologies and professional managers who make the gaming experience unforgettable.
- Extension of a land-based NZD casino network
- Games from the leading software providers
- Modern desktop and mobile versions
- Huge games collection
- Less than 200 online games on offer
- Only NZD and USD supported
How We Review NZD Casino Sites
CasinoHEX is the leading reviewer of online casinos that target Kiwis. Every day, we test online casinos with NZ dollars and publish information only about the best ones. Below, you will find only the main criteria that all online casinos accepting New Zealand dollars should meet:
- Native currency. You already know that casinos using New Zealand dollars are not only convenient but safe and secure. That is why our team checks this criterion in the first place.
- International licenses. Even though New Zealand doesn’t offer local licenses, an NZD online casino must have an MGA, SGA, or UKGC license, and obtain approval from other reputable agencies.
- Bonuses in NZ dollar. Another thing that we check at online casinos is the availability of rewarding promotions. Players should have access to the best NZD deals with clear terms and conditions.
- Fast and convenient payouts. When searching for the biggest payout online casinos, remember to check out how fast they allow withdrawing the winnings. All brands on our list have quick and secure payouts.
- A big game selection. Most online NZD casinos have thousands of titles in the lobby, so you don’t have to tolerate a limited selection. CasinoHEX experts check each category to make sure you have access to the best games and software developers.
The best casinos on our list follow these criteria, so you can just pick a name and get the best treatment.
How To Play with Online Casino NZ Dollars?
Diversity is a bargaining chip of online gambling, so more and more Kiwis choose such websites over land-based casino operators. They are free to use NZ dollars and make the process convenient and clear. The list of NZD casinos for Kiwis is constantly increasing and already includes hundreds of titles, so you will never experience a shortage of options.
Banking Methods at NZD Casinos
One of the things to check at real money online casinos using NZD currency is the list of available payment methods. Especially if you want to pay in NZ dollar or another less popular currency. Below, we have made a list of the options available to Kiwi players:
Making NZD deposits and withdrawals with Visa, Mastercard, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, and POLi is a pledge of secure transactions.
Safety of NZD Casino Payments
The national currency is the best way to make NZD payments at online casinos. Not only because you have full control over expenditures but because the NZ dollar is completely fair and regulated. Thanks to the Gambling Act 2003, international online casinos are legit and you won’t experience any barriers or risks with NZD.
Additional Fees & Commissions
When gambling at online casinos with NZ currency, pay attention to the possible fees. While you don’t have to pay anything for using the New Zealand dollar, online casinos and banking operators might charge an additional sum. The best NZD online casino in New Zealand is always the one with tax-free winnings.
Payout Time in NZD Online Casinos
While the list of same day withdrawal online casinos is constantly growing, you should still be ready that the payout time may take several business days or longer. For example, checks and bank transfers may last up to 7-8 workdays. Pick New Zealand dollar online casinos with e-wallets and reduce withdrawal times up to 24 – 48 hours.
How To Make a Deposit With NZD?
Playing online for real money opens doors to thousands of games and hundreds of rewarding deposit bonuses. But first, New Zealanders need to deposit funds onto their NZD casino accounts. Here is what you need to gamble with a New Zealand dollar:
- Open a bank account or digital wallet online or offline. There is a big number of secure casino options, each of which comes with a set of limits and perks. In the following section, we discuss the best of them.
- Compare casinos with New Zealand dollars and choose the most suitable one. At CasinoHEX and this guideline in particular, we publish only reliable and legit NZD brands. You can make a choice without wasting much time.
- Create a casino account by filling in all sections of the online registration form. They include full name, birth date, address, currency (NZD, for example), and other personal details. The information should be honest and updated.
- Head to the Cashier and make a casino deposit. Insert your bank details, pick NZD, the necessary sum, and then indicate a confirmation code if needed. If you want to get a bonus, make sure that the sum exceeds the minimum real money deposit limit.
- How To Make a Deposit With NZD?
The money will arrive in a matter of seconds and you can play your favorite slots, blackjack, or other games of your choice! When gambling at online casino sites, NZD dollars significantly contribute to your comfort and safety. Playing with a local currency is always a great idea, so don’t neglect it.
Standard Deposit Amounts in NZ Dollars
Gambling with NZ dollars is not only convenient but also affordable. You no longer have to spend hundreds of dollars to take a seat at a table. Standard deposit amounts at safe NZ dollar casinos include:
When coming across a new online casino, you might not need to make a deposit at all.
Common NZD Casino Bonuses
Gambling sites using New Zealand dollars are rich in rewards, so players can always find outstanding deals that will make the process even more beneficial. Here’s what you can expect when paying with NZ dollar:
- The welcome bonus is given to new players in exchange for a first deposit. Usually, this casino reward consists of a match bonus up to a certain sum and free spins. In rare cases, there are even no deposit bonuses, so you can be rewarded without spending anything online.
- Reload bonus is similar to the first one but offered to regular online casino players. NZD reload bonuses take place daily/weekly/monthly, and can be scheduled or unexpected.
- Cashback on casino losses. You can return a significant share of the money on particular pokies, table games, and live dealer games. Usually, the cashback percentage increases along with your VIP status.
- A loyalty program that offers a bunch of NZD perks to regular casino players. It consists of different levels, each of which has better terms and conditions.
Pick a New Zealand dollar online casino from the list above and you will surely have a wide number of bonuses to choose from.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Playing with NZ Dollars
Choosing an online casino with NZ currency has both its pros and cons. To make the right decision and avoid disappointments, read about both sides of the coin in the comparison below.
- Absence of conversion fees. Playing with a New Zealand dollar is great because such casinos don’t charge fees, and you have full control over the money you spend.
- A big number of online casino bonuses include NZD welcome packages, reload bonuses, loyalty programs, prize drops, and more.
- Thousands of favorite casino games from the leading software providers like Microgaming, Play'N Go, Pragmatic Play, and EGT.
- Fast casino withdrawals begin to win several hours when choosing digital wallets. Visa and Mastercard payouts are also quite speedy.
- Less online brands on offer. The list of NZD accepting casino sites is still limited compared to USD ones but is constantly growing, so you will hardly experience a shortage of options.
- Wagering requirements. When claiming casino bonuses, most likely, you will have to deal with a playthrough requirement – to bet the winning a certain number of times before withdrawing it.
Once you consider all these pros and cons, as well as read this guideline attentively, you will easily find a suitable NZ$ online casino and enjoy gambling without any stress and risks. Good luck!
FAQs about NZD Casinos
Is online gambling with New Zealand dollars safe?
- There are several criteria for secure gambling and the currency of your choice is definitely among them. However, you should also pick a licensed and reputable online NZD casino with a proven record of payouts. Plus, your banking method must be credible and your Internet – secure and stable.
What payment methods process the New Zealand currency?
- NZD is a widespread currency, so Kiwis have access to numerous banking options when playing at online casinos. The most reliable are Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, PayPal, Neteller, and POLi. Above, we have discussed their main features to help you make an informed decision. If you want to try something new, we recommend testing prepaid cards and cryptocurrencies.
What is the best New Zealand dollar casino?
- There is a big number of NZD online casinos that meet the highest industry standards. But the best NZD casino brands are CasiGo, Jonny Jackpot, Spin Palace, Jackpot City, and All Slots. In this guide, you can read about each brand in more detail.
Can Kiwis play using NZ dollars legally?
- Of course! New Zealand gamblers can play at international online casinos without a need to store a currency exchange. The iGaming industry is perfectly regulated and the only requirement is to be old enough to gamble.
What bonuses can I expect at NZD online casinos?
- The most popular NZD casino bonuses are generous welcome bonuses with free spins, reload rewards, cashback, prize drops, and VIP programs. Users also have access to promos on birthdays and special occasions, as well as closed events and tournaments with significant wins.
Do I have to pay any additional taxes?
- No, Kiwis don’t need to pay taxes on their casino winnings. The only exception is professional poker, where New Zealand players make money from it. But even in this case, it is quite difficult to check.
What online games are available at NZD casinos?
- The variety of games at NZD casinos is more than impressive, so anyone can find a title to taste. The list includes (but is not limited to) pokies and progressive jackpots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, poker, scratch cards, keno, and live casino games.
What are the best NZD alternatives?
- All currencies are good, so it is impossible to name a particular one. Everything depends on your country of residence, chosen casino, and personal preferences. But most Kiwis prefer gambling with USD or AUD if New Zealand dollars are not accepted.