Best Online Lotto Sites in New Zealand
It is difficult to find a more popular game than a lottery – it is fun, simple, and cheap. Before online lotto was introduced, the game was played by Ancient Romans. That’s how old the game is! Fortunately, you no longer have to go to the city center to participate in the game or to wait for the carrier pigeons with the list of drawn numbers. Everything is much simpler: join a lottery site, buy a ticket, and wait while the system will do the rest.
Playing the lottery online is a great way to spend leisure, kill time, and check whether luck is on your side. In this guide, you will get answers to the following questions:
- The most rewarding and reliable lottery sites in New Zealand;
- How to pick the best real money platform and benefit from it;
- Main rules of the lottery game and tips that can improve your skills.
Best Online Lotto Sites in 2023”
|25% Multi-Draw||Read Review||The Lotter||53+|
Best Lottery Sites for New Zealanders
New Zealanders love playing lottery games and are always looking for the best casino websites with diverse lotto games and rewarding bonuses. Our experts have made a list of the most popular websites among Kiwis and are ready to share all their pros and cons with you.
It is difficult to find a more reliable lotto website than MyLotto because it was created by the NZ Lotteries Commission, an official government institution that stands behind lottery games in the country. It was founded in 2008 and offers a secure and convenient environment for playing all the major lottery games. However, if you are looking for gambling sites that accept PayPal, MyLotto isn’t the place.
One of the things that distinguish LottoLand from other websites is that it works by lotto betting. This means that you bet on the lotto results without a need for agents who buy tickets on your behalf. LottoLand regularly offers its players free scratch cards and line bets, has 33 lottery games in the lobby, and a big number of outstanding promotions.
TheLotter is always present in the lists of the best lottery websites. If you are a fan of this game, you have surely heard of the Lotter. It has been on the market since 2002 and is considered one of the oldest lottery platforms. More than 4 million players have already received their wins at TheLotter which proves that the website can be trusted.
Multilotto is a reputable lottery betting site that has been operating since 2012 and is owned by 500.com, a well-known sports lottery provider. At the moment, it offers more than 30 lotteries to choose from. Multilotto has an excellent rating on Trustpilot and has paid out over $435 million USD.
Lotto 247 has been operating since 2004 and holds the Curacao Gaming license which proves its reliability and transparency. Even though the list of available games could be broader, at Lotto 247 you will find all the major titles including Mega Millions and lots of online lottery bonuses.
LottoSmile is rather similar to TheLotter, so if you like the latter, you will surely like this website. It has also been founded in 2002 and provides top-notch assistance to players worldwide. You can participate in numerous official lotteries and the ticket copies will be sent to your email if necessary.
If you have tried all the international lotteries above or are simply looking for other platforms, we also recommend paying attention to LottoGo, LottoAgent, LottoKings, SuperEnaLotto, MegaMillions Lotto, BoxLotto, BuyLottoOnline, Oz Lotto, and Jackpot.com.
Free Lottery Sites For Kiwis
Playing the lotto online doesn’t mean spending money. You can find many platforms that offer free lottery games. In this mode, you can try out the game for free, get familiar with the main rules, and layout. It is a great opportunity for those who are limited in funds or those who prefer casino gambling for fun without spending anything. Plus, you get an opportunity to win real money! Here are some of the most popular free online lottery sites available at the moment:
- Euro Millions (Free Lottery) – Create an account and participate in a free lottery by choosing six numbers out of 75. There are both daily and weekly draws with impressive prize pools.
- Free Lottery – Signing up and being of legal age are the only requirements to win money at regular Free Lottery draws.
- Free Lotto Fest – The website offers seven different games, each of which has a different number of balls and prizes. Free Lotto Fest accepts players from all countries where the game is allowed.
- Free Birthdate Lottery – The sessions are held every day and the winning numbers consist of a birthdate (for example, 12/12/78). The prize equals £10.
- Freemoji Lottery – Instead of picking numbers, players select emoticons to shape a winning combination. The free daily draw gives an opportunity to win a few dollars paid via PayPal.
How To Choose A Reliable Lotto Site
Lotto players are in constant search of reliable websites. Of websites where you can find modern and traditional lottery games, impressive wins, and reliable payment methods. If you are new to the market and want to hand-pick licensed lottery sites, check whether they meet the criteria below:
- Safety & Security. Secure online lottery websites are those which are licensed by international agencies, accredited by governments, and use encryption software. This information should always be in open access on the homepage.
- Wide Choice of Lotteries. The best online lotto sites in New Zealand are those which offer a big selection of games from all corners of the world. Before signing up and making a deposit, ensure that the collection is broad and fits your needs.
- Generous Promotions. Why not benefit from a platform to the maximum? When comparing lottery operators, choose platforms that have rewarding welcome packages, loyalty programs, as well as regular draws and prizes.
- Jackpot Size. It’s only up to you to decide whether you prefer poker games with million-dollar jackpots but lower odds or titles with smaller prizes but higher chances of winning.
- Customer Support. Reliable lottery platforms should offer professional and timely support. Managers must be available 24/7, speak several languages, and answer all your questions and requests.
- Fast Payouts. For maximum convenience, players should have access to a big number of secure and fast payment methods. Thus, they won’t have to wait long for cashouts, pay extra fees, or waste time on starting a new card or wallet.
📝 Why Trust The Choice Of Hex Experts?
We want you to stay away from lottery scams and enjoy the game without any worries. That is why we publish websites that were tested by our experienced team. Want to know how we review lottery sites? Get familiar with the criteria above.
Types Of Lottery Sites
If you want to bet on the lottery, remember that there are different types of websites on the modern market. They have lots of differences and some of them may be more suitable than the others. Here are the types of lottery platforms you can choose from:
- Lottery betting – As the name suggests, players can make bets on the outcome of online lottery draws without buying tickets and turning to the side agents.
- Lottery apps (buy and scan) – When purchasing tickets, you don’t have to worry about missing the draw. Just scan them, store in the app, and receive timely notifications.
- Lottery concierge – These websites buy and keep tickets on your behalf if you are not allowed to play in a particular lottery because of location restrictions.
- Instant lotteries – There is no need to wait for a draw: buy a ticket, choose numbers, and check out the results immediately.
- Lottery syndicates – Players unite in an attempt to increase the odds of winning. The common rule is that the prize is split equally.
How To Play Lottery Online
Playing online lotteries is simple and convenient, so it’s not surprising why so many users choose these games over traditional versions. Even if you haven’t played lotteries online before, with our step-by-step guide there won’t be any troubles:
- Choose an online lottery website. Above we have enumerated the most reliable platforms on the modern market. If you are looking for a transparent, licensed, and good-looking website, one of the indicated platforms will surely be a great option.
- Open an online lottery account and verify it if necessary. Indicate the standard details like your name, email, date of birth, address, currency, etc. In some cases, you will be asked to verify the account by pressing a link sent to your email or uploading a picture of your documents. This stage can be completed later.
- Fund the account. Open the Banking section, pick the most convenient payment method and currency, insert the sum, and make your first deposit.
- Choose a lotto game and start playing!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact customer support of the chosen website and ask for help or clarifications.
Basic Rules Of Lottery Game
A great advantage of betting on the lottery is that there is a big number of games, each of which has a different set of features and rules. When you play lotteries, you get access to a huge diversity and enjoy one of the most exciting games without getting bored.
To explain the basic rules, let us examine a typical game with 49 lotto numbers. Players need to choose six numbers and match them with those that are drawn by the system. Matching all six numbers gives an opportunity to win a jackpot, five numbers – the second prize, four and three – smaller sums.
To participate in a lotto draw, you can either purchase a lottery ticket in a physical store or online. It is also up to you to decide whether to hand-pick the numbers or let the computer do it for you. Once the draw is finished, you should check whether you have any matches. The more numbers match, the higher your winnings are. When playing at online lotto sites, the whole process is automated, so you don’t have to worry about missing a winning combination.
🎲 Your Odds Of Winning The Lottery
When joining the best lottery betting sites, you may be swiped away with the huge jackpots that reach billions of dollars. However, it’s important to remember that the lotto is a game of chance and the odds of winning are rather low. Plus, the lottery odds significantly vary from one game to another.
For example, the chances of winning the Powerball top prize is one in 292.2 million. The odds to win at Mega Millions equal 302.5 million and at the UK’s Lotto – 13.9 million. The lottery payout also depends on the number of balls and the number of players that have bought a ticket for the same game.
Playing Lottery On Mobile
Online lottery games on the go are becoming extremely popular. They give an opportunity to participate in the most popular draws and check the results immediately. Most lotto websites have native applications or a browser version for Android, iOS, and other operating systems.
If you want to play online lotteries on mobile, make sure that the chosen platform has a smartphone or tablet version. And don’t forget to check whether you have enough battery charge and an Internet connection.
Playing on the go gives a great opportunity not only to stay informed but also to kill time and enjoy the hobby no matter where you are.
Main Reasons to Try Lottery
Who hasn’t dreamed of winning million dollars in a lottery? From time to time many of us play lotteries, keno, and scratch cards hoping to see cherished numbers in the lottery results. Millions of players worldwide share this excitement and if you are still not among them, here are a few main reasons why you should try lottery games online:
- It is fun and entertaining. You can escape the routine, make friends with people who share this hobby, and kill time while waiting in a queue or when being stuck at home.
- You won’t lose much. Even if you don’t win anything, you will lose only several dollars which won’t impact your wallet and budget.
- For a small fee, you can make good money. Online lottery betting sites offer games for any budget, so for a dollar or two, you can earn enough to cover the bills, purchase top-notch devices, or go on a cruise with the family.
- It can change your life for good. A winning lottery ticket can turn you into a millionaire in a matter of seconds.
Tips That Can Help You Win The Lottery
All lottery players know that this game is built on pure luck and there are no strategies that can guarantee you a win. However, there are still a few tricks that can increase your chances of entering the lists of online lottery winners. And we will eagerly share them with you:
- Don’t pick consecutive numbers. According to the studies, 70% of jackpots have total number sums between 104 and 175, so it is better to pick numbers from different groups.
- Choose top lottery sites. Unlike scammers whose only goal is to trick you out of money, reputable platforms have guaranteed payouts.
- Choose numbers above 31. Most players pick birthday dates as the winning combination and if your numbers will be higher than 31, there is a probability that you’ll share the winnings with fewer people.
- Play not so popular games. When you choose less popular games, the competition is lower and the odds of winning are higher.
FAQ About NZ Online Lotteries
Is it legal to play the lottery in New Zealand?
- Yes, Kiwis can play local lotteries like Lotto, Bullseye, and Play 3, as well as international games without any limitations or age restrictions. But if you are less than 18 years old and have won more than $1,000, your parent or legal guardian will need to sign the Acknowledgement Form to claim the winnings.
Can I buy lottery tickets on the internet?
- Yes. For example, you can purchase Lotto and Powerball tickets at the MyLotto website. Buying official lottery tickets online is convenient and fast, and you simply need to top up the MyLotto wallet. Keep in mind that the maximum spending is $150 per week or $500 per month.
How much does the lottery ticket cost?
- The price of a ticket depends on numerous factors. For example, the game itself, the number of lines, whether you are buying at an official lotto betting site or from mediators, and so on. The average lotto price at a ticket shop ranges from $2 to $5.
Where to find cheap lottery tickets?
- You may find lots of online lottery agents with suspiciously low ticket prices. If the price is lower than on the official website or on one of the platforms discussed in our review, most likely it is a scam. That is why we always recommend choosing trusted websites.
Where to check the results?
- The lottery winning numbers are listed on the website you are using. Usually, the results are published instantly. If you are playing at a modern online lotto site, the system will evaluate your ticket automatically and you’ll see whether you have won something or not.
How can I get the lottery winnings?
- If you have won in the French Lotto or any other game of your choice, follow the instructions on the website. First of all, head to the Cashier section, request a withdrawal and wait while the chosen payment mediator processes the transaction. Remember, some payment methods, for example, Bitcoin or Paysafecard, can’t be used for withdrawals.
What was the biggest lottery jackpot?
- The biggest lottery prize was won on January 13, 2016. Three lucky Powerball tickets were bought in Florida, California, and Tennessee. The jackpot equaled $1.586 billion.
Should I pay tax playing the lottery?
- Kiwis can relax because the money received from lotto or gambling is not taxable. And it doesn’t matter whether you are playing at local or foreign websites.