Craps is an extremely popular dice game both in online and offline casinos. It is a game in which players make bets on the outcome of the roll, a series of rolls, or a pair of dice. Gamblers can bet money against each other or against a bank. Due to a big number of craps variations, every player can find a title to taste.
If you have never played craps before, it may seem a bit complicated because there are multiple combinations and always something happening at the table. Fortunately, the rules are quite simple and it won’t take you long to master them. You can play craps anywhere you are: no download is needed and it runs smoothly on mobile devices.
In this article, we will discuss the game of craps, its rules and variations, and how to find the best title. With our guidelines, you will surely master this dynamic and entertaining game.
NZ Online Casinos To Play Craps
|NZ$10000 + 200 FS||Read Review||Olympia Casino||5116+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Neon54||4644+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Dolly Casino||3500+|
|NZ$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||5000+|
|NZ$3000 + 350 FS||Read Review||Skycrown||6754+|
|NZ$2000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Kosmonaut Casino||1800+|
|NZ$250 + 100 FS||Read Review||SlotNite||1370+|
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+|
|NZ$300 + 100 FS||Read Review||Arcanebet||3000+|
Where To Play The Best Online Craps Games?
There are two ways how you can enjoy this dice game: for real money and for free. Both options have their own benefits and drawbacks.
- If you choose to play free craps games online, head to Casino HEX. On our platform, you will find different variations to get familiar with the rules and to learn a few tricks. This option is great to play online craps for fun without any stress or worries about the budget.
- Those who want to play online craps for real money can get familiar with a list of reliable casinos on our website. Only when choosing a trustworthy platform you can enjoy the game to the maximum without worrying about the safety of your data and the transparency of the site.
Find safe and secure casino brands at Casino HEX or practice playing for fun with our huge collection of craps games.
How We Review Online Casinos That Offer Craps Games
There are so many online gambling sites that players often feel puzzled and not knowing which one to choose. If you want to play live dealer craps games or other variations, you will need a reliable platform. Our team carefully reviews online casinos and publishes only the most reliable ones. Here are the features the best online craps casinos should possess:
A gambling site that meets all the above criteria can ensure safe and entertaining gambling, and you can play craps without any worries.
Best Online Craps Bonuses Offered By New Zealand Casinos
Online craps sites are doing their best to stand the competition and attract players. That is why they offer regular promotions and a big variety of bonuses to choose from. Here are the best deals you should look for when joining a craps online casino:
- Welcome bonus
- Loyalty program
- Reload bonus
- Live Craps bonus
- Regular promotions
With the help of these promotions, you will get extra cash to play with, participate in regular draws and tournaments, and will even get presents on holidays and birthday.
Play Craps Games Online
History Of Craps
Back in the 14th century, the British played a dice game called Hazard which was mentioned by Geoffrey Chaucer in his Canterbury Tales. A few centuries later, in 1788, the game of ‘Krabs’ was introduced in the US. For a while, it was considered an unfair game but everything changed in 1907 when a dice maker from Philadelphia introduced a more secure layout with Pass and Don’t Pass bets. This layout is still used by casinos.
Craps became extremely popular during World War II because it didn’t require much equipment and could be played anywhere. It became one of the most widespread games in the postwar Caribbean and Las Vegas. Starting with 1960, casinos in Europe and Australia were offering craps and since 2004 this game is available in most gambling sites.
Even though it is not as popular as pokies, craps have many fans in New Zealand due to a dynamic process and a huge variety of bets. Kiwis can play craps both for free and for real money on desktop and smartphones.
How To Play Craps In Online Casinos
There are numerous online casino games each of which has its terms and requirements. Fortunately, craps game has rather simple rules and to get started you should only get familiar with a few basic bets and a table layout. However, if you want to master all the rules, be ready to remember around 40 craps bets. You can learn them steadily and start practising once you feel comfortable at a table.
We have prepared a comprehensive guide on how to play craps online, so to get started you only need to follow the steps below:
- Choose a table. Sign up at a chosen online casino and head to the craps section to pick the game you like;
- Select the stake. Don’t forget that it should meet your budget. If you are a beginner, we recommend taking it slow and starting with a minimum bet to understand how everything works;
- Make the Come-out Roll bet. Every round begins with a Come-out Roll and in most cases, the shooter should place a bet before making the roll;
- Follow the dice. 7 or 11 value of two dices is a winner, while 2,3, or 12 – a looser. Everything else is called ‘point’ and the game continues with new bets;
- Make a bet. You need to bet on the outcome of every roll until the dices have the 7 or an established point value. This means that the round is over and a new Come-out Roll is expected. With time, you can apply unconventional strategies to make the game more entertaining and profitable.
These are the basic craps rules and are enough to get started. If you want to make the game more diverse and complex, try out different types of bets.
Main Online Craps Bets
When joining an online craps table, you may be puzzled by a variety of available bets. While there are almost 40 of them, at first you might need only a few. With time, you may want to risk more, choosing craps side bets with much higher payouts.
Fortunately, when playing online you don’t have to memorize all the bets. Just print them out or open in another window in a browser. Here are the main bets you can make when playing online craps:
- Pass/ Don’t Pass. If you bet the Pass line, you are expecting the dice to equal 7 or 11. During the Don’t Pass bet, players win on a 2 or 3 roll;
- Come/ Don’t Come. This bet is the same as the Pass one but it is made after the come-out roll. The Come bet wins on 7 or 11 and the Don’t Come – on 2,3 or 12;
- Field bets. The player wins when throwing 3,4,9,10, or 11. A bet is lost on a 5,6,7, and 8 roll;
- Place bets. They can be made any time throughout the game. The player bets on a number which has to be rolled before a 7;
- Big 6, Big 8. It is also made any time and pays out if a six or eight are thrown before a 7;
- Hardways Bets. To win this bet, both dice must show the same number and appear before a 7.
Even though the diversity of bets may scare you away, remember that you don’t need to learn them by heart. And even if you want to master these bets, remember that they are all rather simple and straightforward, so won’t take you long to memorize.
Basic Terms Of Craps Game
There are so many casino craps games that at first, it may be quite confusing to understand all the rules and requirements. However, there is a set of basic terms that will significantly simplify the process. Here are the main of them:
|Aces||A combination made up of two ones. Also called ‘snake eyes’.|
|Any seven||A bet on the next number seven.|
|Come Out Roll||The first craps roll.|
|Easy Way||A combination that consists of different numbers.|
|Hard Way||A combination of a matching pair.|
|Marker Puck||A disc which indicates the point number.|
|Natural||7 or 11 on the Come-Out Roll.|
|One Roll Bet||A bet which counts only during the next dice roll.|
|Seven Out||Rolling a 7 before the point number. It ends the shooter’s turn.|
|Shooter||A person who rolls the dice.|
Common Craps Odds
The online craps game is extremely popular because of its diversity. Here you can find numerous types of combinations and bets that will surely make the process fun and entertaining. If you no longer want to play craps for free and are willing to bet real money, let us introduce you to the most common craps odds and the house edge. This will help you to decide which bet to choose and to make craps gambling rewarding.
|Bet / Wager type||Payout Odds||House Edge|
|Pass Line / Come Bet||1:1||1.4140|
|Don’t Pass / Don’t Come Bet||1:1||1.3600|
|Numbers 4 to 10||2:1||4.7600|
|Numbers 5 to 9||3:2||4.7600|
|Numbers 6 to 8||5:6||4.7600|
|6 or 8||9:1||9.0900|
|4 or 10||7:1||11.1000|
|2 Craps or 12 Craps||30:1||13.9000|
|3 Craps or 11 Craps||15:1||11.1000|
Most Popular Craps Games In New Zealand
When playing online casino craps for real money you get access to numerous variations with different rules, bets, and requirements. Here are the six most popular craps variations among Kiwis.
It is the most popular variation with a unique layout. The bets are made against the house by placing chips on a certain table section before the dice are rolled.
Created by Bob Stupak, this version reduces the house edge and makes it impossible to lose on a pass line bet if the 2,3, or 12 are rolled. It is often called the ruse craps or never ever craps.
High Point Craps
A simplified version of the game where the dice is thrown again if the value is 2 or 3; if 11 and 12 – they win. When another combination lands, a player needs to roll again.
A shooter makes only one roll where 2,3,4,10,11, and 12 are considered a win. Respectively, 5,6,7,8, and 9 are a loss.
Die Rich Craps
Only one regular dice is used, so this version may be more suitable for beginners. If a 6 is rolled, it’s a winner. If 1 – it’s a loss. Other numbers establish a point. Then the shooter can make three rolls before 1 hits again.
New York Craps
This variation has a completely different table which is called the double-end dealer. Here such bets as Come, Don’t Come, and Place are prohibited. Instead, players should bet on numbers 4,5,6,7,9, or 10. The casinos always take 5% of the winnings, so the house edge in New York craps is rather high.
Playing real money craps games is a great opportunity to feel the adrenaline rush and to make quick money. Pick one of the variations above and start gambling!
Useful Craps Tips
It doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or know all the rules and bet types. There are still a few tips on how to gamble to the maximum and we are happy to share them with you:
- Be consistent. Craps is an extremely fast game and it is sometimes very difficult to keep an eye on everything that is happening at a table. Learning the basic rules and bet types is not enough and you need to practice playing craps steadily. Make one step at a time and you will surely succeed;
- Stick to smaller bets. Even if you have an impressive bankroll, remember that in craps money is won and lost extremely fast. If you want the game to last and are not willing to lose everything, we recommend sticking to the table’s minimum. Usually, it doesn’t exceed $5;
- Take House Edge into account. It shows how much money a casino wins on a particular bet or game. The lower the house edge is, the higher your chances are, and the more you’ll add to your bankroll. This percentage is usually indicated in the game’s description;
- Set time limits. Craps is a rather dynamic game and there are players who find it difficult to leave the table even if they are losing. That is why we recommend setting limits for the duration of the session. When your time is up, leave the table. This will help to minimize losses and secure the winnings.
FAQ About Online Blackjack
📌 What is the best online casino to play craps?
- It is difficult to name a certain platform because there are many reliable online casinos that have a broad craps collection. Before making a decision, make sure that a gambling site is reputable and licensed. If you don’t want to risk, get familiar with the list of the best casinos on our website. We carefully review online platforms and publish only the best ones.
📌 How should I start my online craps practice?
- You should take it slow. Start with learning all the rules and basic combinations. Then choose a free game on Casino Hex or a real money one with low bets. With time you can increase bets and try out new combinations.
📌 Can I play craps in a live mode?
- Yes, you can play live craps online and enjoy all of its advantages without leaving your home. Live craps tables look very realistic and are managed by experienced dealers. You can even hold a conversation with other players or with the dealer.
📌 What is the goal of the game?
- The aim of craps is rather simple: to vote for an outcome of a roll with your money. There are many bet types, so you can pick the one you prefer and get started.
📌 What are the best craps odds?
- The laying and the pass/don’t pass bets have the best game odds. Plus, they have a rather low house edge which increases the Return To Player rate and allows doubling your money quite quickly. For example, the pass bet payout is 1:1.
📌 Is it legit to play craps in New Zealand?
- Yes, craps is a completely legit game to play if selecting a reliable casino. The platform you choose should be regularly audited and hold licenses from the international authorities. Plus, every game should come with a description and an RTP rate.