It’s impossible to find a more popular casino game than pokies. More than 70% of all gamblers choose online slot machines for real money over the table and live dealer games. And it’s not surprising: this game comes in hundreds of themes, layouts, paylines, reels, bonuses, and Return-to-Player rates.
If you have ever played pokies, you’ve probably seen a certain percentage in the game’s description. That is the RTP, which indicates how much money players are able to return. When choosing a game to play, sticking to the best RTP slots is the right strategy.
But what is this percentage about? How to calculate it and is it the only feature that matters? Today we will explain the RTP in detail, as well as introduce you to ten pokies with the highest percentage. Continue reading and you’ll never have to wonder what the return-to-player is.
NZ Online Casinos With The Highest RTP Pokies
|NZ$10000 + 200 FS||Read Review||Olympia Casino||5116+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Neon54||4644+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Dolly Casino||3500+|
|NZ$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||5000+|
|NZ$3000 + 350 FS||Read Review||Skycrown||6754+|
|NZ$2000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Kosmonaut Casino||1800+|
|€500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Rolling Slots||2395+|
|NZ$500 + 300 FS||Read Review||NightRush||747+|
|NZ$250 + 100 FS||Read Review||SlotNite||1370+|
What Is RTP And How Is It Counted?
Let’s start with the definition. Return-To-Player or RTP rate is a percentage that shows how much players can win in a game for every $100 wagered. This information can be found in most classic slot games, as well as video and 3D pokies. Luckily, online casinos must provide this information on all offered games according to international legislation.
Nowadays, the average RTP on pokies is 95-96,5%. This percentage is opposite to the House Edge, so it’s rather simple to calculate: if the House Edge is, for example, 4%, the RTP is 96%. These two percentages show that the online casino makes $4 on every $100 wagered. The measure is calculated as an average of thousands of hundreds or even millions of spins. This means that even when playing online pokies with a high RTP rate, there is no guarantee that you’ll win and return what was spent.
RTP vs Volatility
Another important indicator to keep in mind when choosing online pokie machines is volatility, which comes hand in hand with the RTP rate. It can be either high or low. According to the UK Gambling Commission guidelines, high volatility means bigger risks and bigger winnings, which are less predictable. At low volatility, the risks, as well as the winnings, are lower.
In other words, highly volatile pokies have a bigger interval between winnings but the sums are higher. And this directly influences the RTP percentage. Thus, players question themselves what slots are better: the high or the low volatile ones. There is no correct answer because everything depends on your mood and preferences. One day you may feel like risking big money, while the next day you have a limited budget and just want to play for fun without any worries.
Online Slots With The Highest RTP Rate
There are thousands of pokies in hundreds of casinos and it becomes very difficult to distinguish a good machine from a bad one. Luckily, there are many indicators that may help in making a decision. One of them is considering the return-to-player rate. We did all the work for you and made a list of online slots with the highest RTP. Read the descriptions, get familiar with the rules, and head to your favorite casino searching for the pokies you became interested in.
1. Goblin's Cave Slot by Playtech – 99.32% RTP
Goblin’s Cave is a high RTP game that will surprise even experienced players. Who doesn’t want to change the scenery and instead of fruits and diamonds to dive into the goblin-themed universe located on 3×3 reels? Apart from a more than 99% RTP, it can offer a multi-spin feature and numerous ways of winning. The minimum bet is $0,10 and the maximum – $5,00. The maximum winning is 150x of the initial bet.
2. Ugga Bugga Slot by Playtech – 99.07% RTP
This funny named pokie is among the best RTP slots to win money and helps players forget about the boring routine by getting familiar with a tribe located deep in the jungles. The game is situated on three reels with 10 paylines and players can select any number of symbols in the 1st payline. They will be held on the rest of the paylines during the spin. This great feature often brings big winnings, especially considering that Ugga Bugga has a 1,000x jackpot!
3. Mega Joker Slot by NetEnt – 99.00% RTP
One of the most popular representatives of high RTP slots is Mega Joker, NetEnt’s product that is available in the majority of online casinos. One of its distinguishing features is the flexible RTP – the more you bet, the higher your chances are to win the money back. For example, when betting 1 coin, the rate goes down to 77% and reaches 99% when betting 10 coins. At Mega Joker players have many chances of winning due to the Supermeter mode and a progressive jackpot.
4. Monopoly Big Event by Barcrest – 99% RTP
Who doesn’t like playing Monopoly? Do you remember those cozy evenings, when we set on the floor with parents or friends and purchased hotels and factories? Actually, most of us grew up playing this board game, so it’s not surprising that the Monopoly video slot became so popular.
Created by Barcrest, this pokie is situated on 5 reels and has 20 paylines with multiple bonus rounds and features. The Big Bet Game grants players with five spins and has even a bigger winning percentage. Like many other high RTP online slots, Monopoly Big Even has free spins, multipliers, wild reels, wilds, and scatters. The minimum bet is $0,2 and the maximum – $500 per spin, so this pokie is good both for high rollers and careful players
5. Cosmic Quest – Mystery Planets slot by Rival – 98.95% RTP
When rating high RTP pokies, it’s impossible to pass over Rival and one of its most popular products – the Cosmic Quest Mystery Planets, which is the second series of the Mission Control. Players will distinguish its bright and vivid cosmic theme straight away and will fall head over heels in love with this pokie right after being introduced to a 5,000x jackpot and lots of special features and symbols. The game consists of 5 reels and 20 paylines, which offer multiple ways of winning big money. And considering an almost 99% RTP, the chances of earning are rather high.
6. Jackpot 6000 Slot by NetEnt – 98.86% RTP
Jackpot 6000 is another high RTP slot from NetEnt, which has an old-school theme and is rather popular among players of all ages and preferences. As well as Mega Joker, this pokie has a Supermeter mode, which is activated when betting maximum 10 coins. After landing two jokers, you’ll win a prize from 10 to 6,000 coins. This mode allows influencing the game’s results and the more coins you bet, the higher the RTP is.
7. Chess Mate slot by MultiSlot – 98.7% RTP
When studying lists of the highest RTP slots, you’ll surely come across Chess Mate. Even though MultiSlot is not as famous as Microgaming or NetEnt, its gambling portfolio consists of many slots and table games with a great interface and engaging features. Moreover, MultiSlot games have extremely high RTP rates. Chess Mate has 5 reels and 25 paylines, which give players many chances to win a 20,000 coin jackpot. A cartoonish theme with chess figures will be appealing both to the lovers of this game and to those, who are looking for a pokie with high payouts.
8. 1429 Uncharted Seas Slot by Thunderkick – 98.5% RTP
Rather often the highest RTP online slots can boast a thrilling theme and interface. That is the case with 1429 Uncharted Seas from Thunderkick. Here players explore the world with monsters, sirens, treasures, and unknown lands. At Uncharted Seas, gamblers find outstanding graphics and sounds and become a part of a magical world. Careful betters can choose the minimum $0,10 bet, while risk-takers can bet $100 and try to grab the luck by its tail. Bonus rounds and free spins greatly increase the chances of winning.
9. Blood Suckers Slot by NetEnt – 98.00% RTP
NetEnt gave birth to the highest RTP slot games and Blood Sucker is one of them. As you get from the name, this is a vampire-themed pokie with a dark and mysterious atmosphere. While many video slots with high RTP rates are stingy when it comes to extras, at Blood Suckers players can find bonus rounds, free spins with huge payouts, as well as wilds and scatters. The bonus game takes players to a burial chamber filled with vampires in coffins. Gamblers should open the coffins and kill vampires in order to collect coins. Blood Suckers is a perfect choice for lovers of dark and gloomy pokies.
10. Jokerizer Slot by Yggdrasil – 98.00% RTP
The final representative of our top RTP slots list is Jokerizer from Yggdrasil. At first, it was a classic pokie with fruit machines but recently improved with the help of outstanding animation and HD graphics. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have free spins or other common features but the Mystery Win is rather generous: when landing 3+ jokers, players can win 6,000 coins.
RTP Rate Of Progressive Jackpot Slots
If you are familiar with the online gambling world, you’ve probably noticed that progressive slots usually have lower return-to-player rates compared to other video machines. For example, Mega Moolah, one of the best progressive slots, has a rather low RTP – only 88,12%.
However, such a situation has a clear explanation. Progressives have a common pool and each player contributes to the grand prize by making a bet. This means that a particular sum is accumulated and goes to a single winner, while the number of participants accounts for millions.
Mega Joker Slot by NetEnt is one of the finest representatives because this machine has a progressive jackpot and a 99% RTP! Most online casinos have progressives on offer, so just head to the gambling site you like and choose a necessary category. Still not sure which casino to trust? Pick one from the list above.
Play High RTP Slots Online
Reasons To Choose High RTP Slots
No matter whether gamblers enjoy pokies on a personal computer or play mobile slots, they are in a constant search of outstanding video machines. Today we have discussed what the return-to-play percentage is and how important it is when choosing a game to play. However, some of you may still doubt whether this indicator is as useful as claimed. That is why we collected all the reasons why choosing high RTP pokies is a good idea:
- Higher chances of winning – The first and the most obvious reason for choosing slots with bigger RTP is increased chances to return the money and enlarge the budget;
- Transparency – According to international legislation and guidelines of gambling agencies, RTP should be available to all players. Thus, this indicator contributes to the game’s transparency and makes gamblers aware of winning chances;
- Allows estimating the house edge – The last one is the percentage, which the casino makes on every machine and it’s the opposite of RTP. For example, if the RTP is 97%, the house edge equals 3%;
- Reaching wagering requirements quicker – Considering that high RTP pokies allow returning the deposit faster, players are able to cover playthrough requirements quicker and collect the bonus winnings without spending more money.
Remember, no matter how high the RTP rate is, it’s estimated based on millions of spins, which means that slots always remain games of chance and the benefits above shouldn’t be the only reason to choose a particular title. Approach game selection wisely and your gambling experience will always remain positive and fun.
NZ Online Casinos That Offer High RTP Slots
|High RTP Slots Site||Casino Games||Welcome Bonus|
|Gate 777 Casino||850+||NZ$1000 + 100 FS|
|Lucky Days Casino||1250+||$1000 + 100 FS|
|Captain Spins Casino||2000+||$1200 + 260 FS|
|Good Win Casino||1785+||€100 + 200 FS|
|Mr Bet Casino||813+||NZ$2250 + 50 FS|
We are all in a constant search of the best online casino in the world, which has a board game selection, outstanding bonuses, latest software, and a friendly support team. Luckily, there are hundreds of options to choose from and any player can find a gambling site based on preferences and mood.
If you are searching for a place with a big number of high RTP pokies, pay attention to such casinos as Gate777, Lucky Days, Captain Spins, GoodWin, Mr Bet, and GoWild. All of them host pokies with the best payouts, which means that your chances of winning significantly increase.
However, we also recommend choosing software providers, which are known for developing slots with high RTP percentages. These are NetEnt, Rival, Playtech, and a few others. When selecting a game, make sure it’s created by one of these developers. They will ensure not only better chances of winning but also a secure game, great visuals and sounds, and of course terrific in-game features.
Features Of The Highest RTP Slots
When choosing top slots by RTP, players not only get a chance to return money faster but are introduced to a wide range of additional features. Here are some of them:
- Wild symbols – It’s the main and the most important thematic symbol on the reels. Wild’s main role is to replace other symbols and generate winning combinations;
- Scatter symbols – When collecting three or more scatters, players, activate additional bonus rounds and features like Bonus Game or free spins;
- Free spins – The feature speaks for itself: players get access to spins without a need to pay actual money still having access to winnings;
- Multiplier – This feature is able to multiply winnings in two or more times. Each pokie has its own paytable with an explanation of how the multiplier works. This feature is usually triggered during free spins and bonus rounds.
When choosing a pokie to play, we recommend paying attention to additional features the title has in store. Thus, you’ll increase your winnings and will enjoy a dynamic game with lots of bonus rounds and changes in the scenery.
What Else Do I Need To Know About New Online Casinos?
🔹 Why should I check the RTP?
- Return-to-player is a percentage, which indicates how much money players can expect to earn back from every $100 spent. It’s important to check this percentage to distinguish best-paying pokies from those, who have low chances of winnings. But remember that the RTP is an average of millions of spins, so winning is still a matter of chance and no one gives guarantees even when playing slots with the highest RTP.
🔹 Where can I find a pokie’s RTP?
- Nowadays, gambling providers must make RTP details accessible and visible. This is a requirement of international gambling authorities. That is why RTP rates are usually indicated in every slot’s description or can be easily found online. If for some reason such information is not available on the website, think carefully whether this casino is worth your attention and money.
🔹 How is it possible to choose a great slot?
- There is no general answer on how to pick a good pokie. Everything depends on your understanding of the word ‘good’: some players are looking for higher chances of winning, others select a machine with a catchy theme, while there are also those, who place game features first. We recommend blending all the above and choosing a slot with a high RTP, free spins, and a theme that you like.
🔹 Does volatility influence the winnings?
- Volatility is as important as the RTP, and they usually come hand-in-hand when discussing the profitability of video slots. The higher the volatility is, the less frequently players can expect payouts. But the winnings are much higher. Respectively, low volatility slots have lower but frequent payouts. It’s only up to you to decide which option is more suitable.