American Express or simply AMEX is one of the oldest financial companies in the world. Since 1850, it has gained a solid reputation and the love of more than 114 million people across the world. Nowadays, AMEX cards and services are used for making direct transfers, purchases, and, of course, online gambling for real money.
The number of online casinos that accept American Express grows, as New Zealand players choose AMEX for its instant deposits, outstanding app, and a bunch of security measures. If you are still not familiar with the best AMEX casinos that operate in New Zealand, it is the right time to change the situation. In our guide, you can read about:
NZ Online Casinos That Accept American Express
|$7777 + 300 FS||Slotocash||200+|
Slots of Vegas
|$5000 + 35 FS||Slots of Vegas||250+|
Royal Ace Casino
|35 FS||Royal Ace Casino||150+|
Silver Oak Casino
|$4000 + 45 FS||Silver Oak Casino||212+|
|400% + 25 FS||Rich Palms||220+|
Lucky Nugget Casino
|NZ$200||Lucky Nugget Casino||650+|
|$1000 + 100 FS||Casino Days||3000+|
|€300 + 200 FS||PlayFrank||1203+|
|$400 + 200 FS||Casino.com||350+|
|$2000 + 200 FS||Golden Reels||213+|
|€500 + 150 FS||CrazePlay||1400+|
|$1000 + 50 FS||Juicy Vegas||1000+|
|€275 + 272 FS||CasinoJEFE||400+|
|€2000 + 50 FS||Ocean Breeze||720+|
Lady Linda Slots
|$1000||Lady Linda Slots||1200+|
What is American Express and how does it work?
American Express is a financial corporation that has been on the market for more then 170 years. It is one of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and a regular participant of the Fortune 500 list of the biggest US corporations by total revenue. It not only issues all types of cards but also provides personal loans, has a unique rewards program, and operates airport lounges. AMEX can also boast more than 114 million active cards and a $6.8 billion net income.
This payment method is widely used at gambling sites in the US, New Zealand, and lots of other countries. The most popular AMEX online casino definitely provides speed of deposits, top-notch security, and acceptance by numerous platforms. You can also expect 24/7 support, exclusive bonuses, and participation in the AMEX rewards program.
|General Company Information|
|Company name||The American Express Company|
|Founded||March 18, 1850|
|CEO||Stephen Joseph Squeri|
|Headquarter||New York, United States|
|Number of employers||63,700|
|Payment alternatives||Visa, Mastercard, Direct Wire|
Safety of AMEX Gambling Transactions
When playing at gambling sites that accept American Express you can feel secure and protected. It is one of the most reliable payment methods at the moment thanks to personal keys and Face ID. When making a deposit, you also receive a security code to confirm the transaction, which prooves that American Express casinos are a great place for safe and calm online gambling.
Fees & Additional Costs
AMEX offers more than 15 card types and each of them comes with a bunch of different features and options. Some of them have monthly or annual fees, some – don’t. However, there are no transaction fees and you can make bets at NZ casino sites without extra charges.
But remember that every AMEX online casino is different and there may be other fees involved. Read the Terms and Conditions attentively before picking a website.
Average Processing Time
AMEX, like any other debit and credit card, has a standard processing time. After requesting a withdrawal, you will have to wait 3 – 5 days before the money land up in the account. Another thing to consider is that an online casino that takes American Express might have a pending period. Usually, it equals 24-48 hours and is needed to verify the transaction.
Main Types of AMEX Cards
Card variety is one of the biggest advantages of American Express. If you are not satisfied with the current card or want to research the options, just pick one of the alternatives without a need to switch companies. Here are the card types available at AMEX:
If you want to find other options, get familiar with the best Paysafecard gambling sites or read the section with American Express casino alternatives further.
How To Make American Express Casino Deposit
If you prefer playing online slot games for real money, you won’t do without opening a casino account and making a deposit. Luckily, AMEX has made the process very smooth and convenient. It lasts only a few minutes and can be completed not only on a computer but in a native application.
Here are six simple steps you should make:
- Open an AMEX card. There are plenty of options, so you can pick the most convenient and affordable one.
- Choose a place to play. Study the list of AMEX accepted online casinos gathered by our experts and choose the best option for yourself. Below we will tell you about the best platforms at the moment.
- Provide the personal information. Sign up and fill in the form with your data. Make sure it is correct.
- Open the casino Cashier. Choose AMEX in the list of available deposit methods.
- Enter the requested details. They include the deposit amount, card information, and preferred currency.
- Make the payment. Press the OK button and then insert a confirmation code sent in a text message. AMEX casino deposit is instant, so you can start playing immediately.
How to request a withdrawal with American Express
Withdrawing winnings at an online casino with AMEX is as easy as making a deposit. The only thing to remember is that some casinos don’t offer this method for cashing out because of the anti-money laundering laws. When joining debit card casino sites, we recommend clarifying this issue from the very beginning.
If the casino allows AMEX withdrawals, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Cashier and choose American Express.
- Indicate the amount you want to cash out.
- Provide bank card details (number, CVC, expiration date, and your name).
- Confirm the transaction and wait up to 5 days to get the money.
Players withdrawing the funds for the first time might be asked to verify their casino accounts. The procedure is simple and you only need to upload files with your name and address.
|NZ Casino||Welcome Bonus||Min Deposit|
|🏆 Gaming Club Casino||NZ$350||NZ$10|
|🏆 Lucky Nugget Casino||NZ$200||NZ$10|
|🏆 Mummys Gold Casino||NZ$500||NZ$10|
|🏆 River Belle Casino||NZ$800||NZ$10|
|🏆 PlayOJO Casino||50 Free Spins||NZ$10|
|🏆 Raging Bull Casino||$2500||$30|
Top 5 Online Casinos That Accept American Express
The number of AMEX casinos is more than impressive which means that you need to be very careful when choosing a gambling site. For your convenience, we want to share the most reputable and reliable online casinos that accept this payment method. We are sure that you’ll love them.
- Slotocash – With 14 years in operation, this real money online casino that uses AMEX knows how to satisfy NZ players. Their welcome bonus consists of $7,777 and 300 free spins which is one of the highest rewards we have ever seen. However, the lobby consists only of 200 games from RTG.
- Casino Days – This good-looking site with more than 3,000 games in the lobby will engage even the most demanding players. Apart from regular payment options, they accept numerous crypto coins. The website is translated into nine languages.
- PlayOjo – This online casino was founded in 2017 and quickly gained the love of players worldwide. PlayOjo is licensed by the MGA, UKGC, as well as Danish and Swedish gambling authorities. 3,000+ titles are developed by tens of leading studios like NetEnt and Microgaming.
- Raging Bull – You will love their $50 no-deposit bonus: just sign up and start playing in one of the best online casinos. Its games include Megasaur, Lucha Libre, and Coyote Cash. Raging Bull is licensed by Curacao and apart from credit and debit cards accepts Bitcoin.
- PlayFrank – It has a bright and colorful design, thousands of online casino games in the library, and a bunch of deposit/withdrawal methods. The casino has paid out over $1 million of progressive winnings.
How CasinoHex evaluates AMEX Casino Sites
Our team of gambling specialists tests and reviews brands day after day to help you make the right decision. Here are the features that the best online casinos should possess:
- Official licenses from international agencies like the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission.
- Fast deposits and withdrawals. While immediate deposits are no longer in the news, instant payout and the absence of a pending period are very important.
- Available on mobile. There are thousands of mobile casinos that take gambling to a completely new level.
- Rewarding bonuses with extra cash, free spins, reload bonuses, loyalty schemes, and much more.
- Instant customer support where managers reply 24/7 and can solve any problem quickly and professionally.
- A user-friendly casino website that is easy to navigate and pleasant to the eye.
When choosing an online casino AMEX in the list of payment methods is also an important factor but you should also consider the criteria above.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Choosing AMEX Casinos
Before you decide to register at an online casino that accepts American Express, we recommend getting familiar with the pros and cons of this payment method.
- Can AMEX be used for online gambling?
- Yes, AMEX is one of the most widespread options for online betting. It is accepted by thousands of online casinos all over the world, so you won’t have to worry about funding the account even if you are traveling abroad. However, some online casinos might not be available in your country, so you should check this as well.
- Is American Express gambling secure?
- AMEX is a safe payment method that is trusted by millions of users across the world. The company is constantly working to improve security measures. They include two-factor authentication, automatic 10-minute time-outs, and personal security keys. If the company detects suspicious activity, they contact the user or even temporarily block the card. You can also monitor the transactions in live mode using a desktop or mobile version.
- What online games can I play using AMEX?
- With this card, you can enjoy all types of games: from pokies to roulette and bingo. AMEX is widely accepted at online poker sites, bookmakers, and e-sports events. In addition, you may find tournaments and events that accept only American Express holders.
- Are there any fees involved?
- One of the best things about this banking method is that you don’t have to pay any transaction fees when gambling. However, some cards have an annual charge, so you should clarify the details when starting an AMEX account. We recommend choosing cards without extra payments and using them without any strings attached.
- What are the best AMEX online casinos?
- In this guide, we have discussed several popular sites that accept American Express. For example, Casino Days, PlayFrank, Raging Bull, PlayOjo, and Slotocash. These brands have a great reputation, rewarding bonuses, and thousands of casino games that will keep you engaged for hours.
- Can I make mobile payments using American Express?
- AMEX is a great payment option if you prefer mobile games. Recently, they have updated a native iOS and Android app, and the usage became even better. You can set alerts, monitor expenditures, and even add an extra layer of protection with Face ID or fingerprints.
- Are there any American Express alternatives?
- If you can’t open an AMEX account but still want to make secure transactions, we recommend paying attention to debit and credit cards like Visa and Mastercard, as well as Paysafecard, and PayPal. They are similar to AMEX and can also boast a great reputation and wide usage.
- Do you recommend this payment method?
- Yes, after testing American Express and learning more about its services, we can say that it is one of the best payment methods for online gambling. AMEX is reputable, secure, and convenient. It has a smooth mobile app and a rewarding loyalty scheme. Plus, this card is accepted by numerous online casinos across the world.
- How long do AMEX transactions take?
- When paying with American Express, you can start playing casino games immediately because the deposits are almost instant. The withdrawals, however, may take some time. As a rule, up to 5 business days. And don’t forget to add a pending period if a casino has it.
Main Alternatives to American Express
When playing at AMEX casino sites, you may notice a bunch of other payment methods. And it is wise to know more about them and the features they offer. If for some reason you are not satisfied with AMEX or want to try something new, here are the best alternatives at the moment: