American Express or simply AMEX is one of the oldest financial companies in the world. Since 1850, it has gained a solid reputation and the love of more than 114 million people across the world. Nowadays, AMEX cards and services are used for making direct transfers, purchases, and, of course, online gambling for real money. Every decent online casino has to provide this payment option, and most of them do. American express online casinos usually provide other banking options in addition to that.
The number of new online casinos accepting American Express grows, as New Zealand casino players choose AMEX for its instant deposits, outstanding app, and a bunch of security measures. New American Express casinos often offer the newest live games and unique innovative designs. If you are still not familiar with the best AMEX casinos that operate in New Zealand, it is the right time to change the situation.
What is American Express and how does it work?
American Express is a financial corporation that has been on the market for more then 170 years. It is one of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and a regular participant of the Fortune 500 list of the biggest US corporations by total revenue. It not only issues all types of cards but also provides personal loans, has a unique rewards program, and operates airport lounges. AMEX can also boast more than 114 million active cards and a $6.8 billion net income. Many online casinos offer this payment provider but not all of them. If the online casino you love doesn't allow to pay with AMEX you can contact customer support and make a request.
This payment method is widely used at online gambling sites in the US, New Zealand, and lots of other countries. The most popular American Express online casino definitely provides fastest AMEX deposits, top-notch security, and acceptance by numerous platforms. You can also expect 24/7 support, exclusive bonuses, no deposit bonuses, and participation in the AMEX rewards program. Most casinos offer this payment option but it is always better to check it, especially if you want to claim AMEX casino bonuses. NO deposit casinos also often allow this payment method.
|🥇 Company name||The American Express Company|
|📱 Founded||March 18, 1850|
|🤑 CEO||Stephen Joseph Squeri|
|🎁 Headquarter||New York, United States|
|💰 Number of employees||63,700|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$10|
|🎰 Maximum deposit||$5,000|
|✅ Payment alternatives||Visa, Mastercard, Direct Wire|
American Express casinos are widely available both online and offline. In this article we will focus on the best casinos where you can choose AMEX as a deposit option in your online casino account. Our selected best American Express casinos ensure unforgettable online gaming experience. With AMEX you can not only make a deposit, but also withdraw your own money at nearly any online gambling website.
Safety of AMEX Gambling Transactions
Many online casinos accept AMEX, but it shouldn't be your only selection criterion, focus on the casino’s high safety standards first and foremost. When playing at casinos that accept American Express you can feel secure and protected. It is one of the most reliable payment methods at the moment thanks to personal keys and Face ID. When making a casino deposit, you also receive a security code to confirm the transaction, which prooves that top American Express casinos are a great place for safe and calm gaming. Even some top online casinos lack the reputatation of physical ones, but with safe payment methods you have nothing to worry about. Any reputable online casino can present you the corresponding documents that ensure its fairness and safety. Players also wonder: “Is using AMEX at online casino legal?” and it absolutely is.
Fees & Additional Costs
AMEX offers more than 15 card types and each of them comes with a bunch of different features and options. Some of them have monthly or annual fees, some – don’t. However, there are no transaction fees and you can make bets at NZ casinos without extra charges.
But remember that every AMEX online casino is different and there may be other withdrawal fees involved. Read the Terms and Conditions attentively before picking a website. Most online casinos try to give favourable withdrawal conditions when making casino AMEX deposit. The lowest AMEX deposit may also differ depending on a casino.
Average Processing Time
AMEX, like any other debit and credit card, has a standard processing time. After requesting a withdrawal, you will have to wait 3 – 5 business days before the American Express deposit money land up in the account. Another thing to consider is that online casinos that take AMEX might have a pending period. For the best online casinos, it usually takes about 24-48 hours and is needed to verify the transaction. So, as you can see it's quite fast if you meet all the amex verification requirements.
Main Types of AMEX Cards
Card variety is one of the biggest advantages of American Express. Different AMEX casinos may require a different card type.If you are not satisfied with the current AMEX card or want to research the options, just pick one of the alternatives without a need to switch companies. This way you can make sure that the casino will accept AMEX. AMEX card can be used in so many ways, so there is no excuse not to get it. Here are the card types available at AMEX:
If you want to find other options, get familiar with the best Paysafecard casinos or read the section with the best American Express casino alternatives further.
Can you use AMEX in New Zealand?
AMEX can be used easily as any other business card in major New Zealand retailers. Groceries, petrol stations, transport companies and more accept these cards.
NZ Online Casinos That Accept American Express
Royal Ace Casino
||35 FS||Play Now Read Review||Royal Ace Casino||150+||
||$7777 + 300 FS||Play Now Read Review||Slotocash||200+||
|3||Read Review||Golden Reels||213+||
- Table of Contents
How To Make AMEX Casino Deposit
Some online gamblers wonder how American Express deposits work, so we will briefly explain that. Nowadays casinos that accept AMEX are widely available, so many Kiwis may find it useful. If you prefer playing online slot games for real money, you won’t do without opening a casino account and making a deposit. Luckily, AMEX has made the process very smooth and convenient. It lasts only a few minutes and can be completed not only on a computer but in a native application.Here are six simple steps you should make:
- There are plenty of options, so you can pick the most convenient and affordable one;
- Study the list of AMEX accepted online casinos gathered by our experts and choose the best option for yourself. Below we will tell you about the best platforms at the moment;
- Sign up and fill in the form with your data. Make sure it is correct;
- Choose AMEX in the list of available deposit methods;
- They include the deposit funds amount, card information, and preferred currency;
- Press the OK button and then insert a confirmation code sent in a text message. AMEX deposit is instant, so you can start playing immediately.
Making american express deposits is very easy, that's one of the key reasons why it is so popular. There is a huge number of american express casinos online.
How to request a withdrawal with American Express
Withdrawing winnings at online casinos with AMEX is as easy as making AMEX deposits. The only thing to remember is that some casinos don’t offer this method for cashing out because of the anti-money laundering laws. When joining debit card casinos, we recommend clarifying this issue from the very beginning. Fortunately, most american express casino sites do allow withdrawals.
If the casino allows AMEX withdrawals, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Cashier and choose American Express.
- Indicate the amount you want to cash out.
- Provide bank card details (number, CVC, expiration date, and your name).
- Confirm the transaction and wait up to 5 days to get the money.
Players withdrawing the funds for the first time might be asked to verify their casino accounts. The procedure is simple and you only need to upload files with your name and address. Every online gambling website tries to make the withdrawal procedure very simple.
|NZ Casino||Welcome Bonus||Min Deposit|
|🏆 Gaming Club Casino||NZ$350||NZ$10|
|🏆 Lucky Nugget Casino||NZ$200||NZ$10|
|🏆 Mummys Gold Casino||NZ$500||NZ$10|
|🏆 River Belle Casino||NZ$800||NZ$10|
|🏆 PlayOJO Casino||50 Free Spins||NZ$10|
|🏆 Raging Bull Casino||$2500||$30|
Top 5 Online Casinos That Accept American Express
The number of AMEX casinos is more than impressive which means that you need to be very careful when choosing a gambling site. For your convenience, we want to share the most reputable and reliable online AMEX casinos. We are sure that you’ll love them.
- Slotocash – With 14 years in operation, this real money online AMEX casino knows how to satisfy NZ players. Their welcome bonus consists of $7,777 and 300 free spins which is one of the highest rewards we have ever seen. However, the lobby consists only of 200 games from RTG.
- Casino Days – This good-looking site with more than 3,000 games, in the lobby will engage even the most demanding players. They have live casino games, progressive jackpot slots, online slots, European blackjack, and other casino games. Apart from regular payment options, they accept numerous crypto coins. The website is translated into nine languages.
- PlayOjo – Another online casino that accepts AMEX was founded in 2017 and quickly gained the love of players worldwide. PlayOjo is licensed by the MGA, UKGC, as well as Danish and Swedish gambling authorities. 3,000+ titles are developed by tens of leading studios like NetEnt and Microgaming.
- Raging Bull – You will love their $50 no-deposit bonus: just sign up and start playing in one of the best online casinos. Its games include Megasaur, Lucha Libre, and Coyote Cash. Raging Bull is licensed by Curacao and apart from credit and debit cards accepts Bitcoin cash.
- PlayFrank – It has a bright and colorful design, thousands of AMEX casino games in the library, and a bunch of deposit/withdrawal methods. The casino has paid out over $1 million of progressive winnings.
How CasinoHex evaluates American Express Casino Sites
Our team of gambling specialists tests and reviews brands day after day to help you make the right decision. The first condition is the fact the casino can accept AMEX payments. Here are all the other features that the best online AMEX casinos should possess:
- Official licenses from international agencies like the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission.
- Fast deposits and withdrawals. While immediate deposits are no longer in the news, instant payout and the absence of a pending period are very important.
- Available on mobile. There are thousands of mobile AMEX casinos that take gambling online to a completely new level.
- Rewarding bonuses with extra cash, free spins, reload bonuses, loyalty schemes, and much more.
- Instant customer support where managers reply 24/7 and can solve any problem quickly and professionally.
- A user-friendly casino website that is easy to navigate and pleasant to the eye.
When choosing an online casino AMEX in the list of accepted payment methods is also an important factor but you should also consider the criteria above.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Choosing AMEX cards for Gambling
Before you decide to register at an casino that accepts American Express, we recommend getting familiar with the pros and cons of this payment method.
- Instant deposits. The money land on your account within several minutes or even seconds, so you can start playing at a chosen AMEX online casino immediately.
- A convenient AMEX app. With its help, you can make transactions on the go, use additional security measures, and get notifications on the success of transactions. AMEX owners can also monitor how much they spend.
- Outstanding security. The company handles transactions without hiring third parties. This means that the data remains in one place and all the problems are solved quicker. Plus, AMEX utilizes all the recent security measures like two-factor authentication and Face ID.
- A rewarding loyalty program. For every dollar spent AMEX users obtain points that can be then exchanged on travels, discounts, and other perks.
- Withdrawal time. Like any debit or credit card, AMEX takes 3-5 days to process and approve the casino withdrawal.
- Some cards have an annual fee. If you are not a frequent casino visitor and don’t use AMEX often, it is better to choose a card without extra charges.
At every casino's website you can check if they accept personal cards, and AMEX in particular. It is important for players to use their card of choice to play their favourite games live, travel, and find hotels. Lots of casinos and game providers have live chat where you can ask specific questions about their deposit methods.
Main Alternatives to American Express
When playing at AMEX sites, you may notice a bunch of other payment methods. And it is wise to know more about them and the features they offer. If for some reason you are not satisfied with American Express or want to try something new, here are the best alternatives at the moment:
- Pay By Phone
- Google Pay
- Eftpos Card
- Bank Transfer
- Apple Pay
Can AMEX be used for online gaming?
- Yes, AMEX is one of the most widespread options for esports betting. It is accepted by thousands of reputable online casinos all over the world, so you won’t have to worry about funding the account even if you are traveling abroad. However, some online AMEX casinos might not be available in your country, so you should check this as well. The numerous online casinos offer different payment conditions, especially in different countries.
Is American Express gambling secure?
- AMEX is a safe payment method that is trusted by millions of users across the world. The company is constantly working to improve security measures. They include two-factor authentication, automatic 10-minute time-outs, and personal security keys. If the company detects suspicious activity, they contact the user or even temporarily block the card. You can also monitor the transactions in live mode using a mobile gaming or desktop version.
What online games can I play online using AMEX?
- With this card, you can enjoy all types of games: from pokies to roulette and bingo. AMEX is widely accepted at online poker sites, bookmakers, and e-sports events. In addition, you may find tournaments and events that accept only American Express holders.
Are there any fees involved?
- One of the best things about this banking method is that you don’t have to pay any transaction fees when gambling. However, some cards have an annual charge, so you should clarify the details when starting an American Express account. We recommend choosing cards without extra online payments and using them without any strings attached.
What are the best AMEX online casinos?
- In this guide, we have discussed several popular sites that accept American Express. For example, Casino Days, PlayFrank, Raging Bull, PlayOjo, and Slotocash. These brands have a great reputation, rewarding bonuses, and thousands of casino games that will keep you engaged for hours.
Can I make mobile online American Express payments?
- AMEX is a great payment option if you prefer mobile casinos. Recently, they have updated a native iOS and Android app, and the usage became even better. You can set alerts, monitor expenditures, and even add an extra layer of protection with Face ID or fingerprints.
Are there any AMEX alternatives?
- If you can’t open an AMEX account but still want to make secure transactions, we recommend paying attention to debit and credit cards like Visa and Mastercard, as well as Paysafecard, and PayPal. They are similar to AMEX and can also boast a great reputation and wide usage.
Do you recommend this online payment method?
- Yes, after testing AMEX and learning more about its services, we can say that it is one of the best payment methods for gaming. AMEX is reputable, secure, and convenient. It has a smooth AMEX mobile app and a rewarding loyalty scheme. Plus, this card is accepted by numerous online casinos across the world.
How long do AMEX transactions take?
- When paying at casinos that accept AMEX deposits, you can start playing casino games immediately because the AMEX deposits are almost instant. The withdrawals, however, may take some time. As a rule, up to 5 business days. And don’t forget to add a pending period if a casino has it.