Atlantic City Blackjack Gold Review & Experience
- Table Of Contents
Atlantic City Blackjack is developed by Microgaming and guarantees users several unforgettable moments when playing online. This blackjack variation is played by American rules which are considered the golden standard of the game. Apart from realistic design, this version has immersive sounds and nice navigation with an impressive Help Center that covers every aspect of this gambling game.
Atlantic City has late surrender and insurance bets, and you can re-split up to 3 times. All of this makes the game extremely popular and we can’t wait to tell you more in our fresh Atlantic City blackjack review.
Atlantic City Blackjack Gold Benefits and Drawbacks
- Bets start from as little as $1
- Allows up to 3 re-splits
- Has a demo mode
- Doesn’t offer multi hands
Atlantic City Blackjack Game Characteristics
|📌 Software developer||Microgaming|
|📌 Blackjack pays||3:2|
|📌 Minimum bet||1|
|📌 Maximum bet||200|
How To Play Atlantic City Blackjack?
By right, online blackjack is called one of the most popular casino games on the modern market. It has a simple and convenient layout and multiple customization features that help to adjust to the game just the way you want.
The main goal of Atlantic City blackjack, as well as of any other blackjack game, is to collect 21 points or the number of points exceeding the dealer’s ones. There are eight decks of cards including number cards, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace. Cards with drawings are worth 10 scores and Ace – 11. Starting hands have two cards each. Players cards are dealt face up and dealer’s – face down. During the next step, a single card is drawn.
At the bottom of the screen, you can see the available denominations – from 0.5 to 200 chips. At the top of the screen, there is information about the minimum and the maximum bet, and the dealer’s hand. In the left upper corner, you can notice a question mark which takes you to the Help Center with detailed information on Atlantic City Blackjack. There is also a menu button where you can alter the sounds, switch re-bet, quick deal, and other functions.
Here is a quick guide on how to play Atlantic City Blackjack Gold:
- Bet money. Pick a chip to wager between 1 and 200 coins or currency units.
- Double, surrender, split, hit or stand. Depending on the situation, you can double your bet, leave the hand as it is, take extra cards, give up, or split the cards.
- Close out the hand. Press Stand once you are as close to twenty one points as possible.
- Let the dealer play. The dealer builds his hand and has to stand on all hands with a 17 value.
Atlantic City Blackjack History
As you understand from the title, Atlantic City Blackjack is one that comes from Atlantic City, New Jersey. In 1976, this state has legalized gambling and the same year the first casino resort was opened. To attract more blackjack players, the owners decided to improve the rules and offer something new. As a result, Atlantic City became safer and more liberal. It has a lower house edge and affordable betting limits, so suits not only experienced players but beginners as well. When the first card games went online, software developers including Microgaming launched their own Atlantic City versions.
Atlantic City Blackjack Rules
The rules of Atlantic City Blackjack by Microgaming are very simple and clear. You need to beat the dealer by having the best blackjack hand possible. Here is what you should know about before making any bets:
- It is a Hole Card game;
- Dealer peeks on Aces and 10 value cards;
- Is played with 8 standard decks and 52 cards that are shuffled before every game;
- Dealer stands on all 17;
- Players can double down on the first two cards;
- It is possible to double down after the split;
- To make 4 separate hands, players need to split 3 times;
- Aces can be split only once;
- 10 and a split Ace doesn’t count as blackjack but as 21;
- Players can split up to three times;
- Split hands are completed before the dealer’s hand is played;
- Late surrender is possible;
- The dealer gets one face up card and a player – two cards;
- Blackjack is a combination of a card with a 10 value and an Ace;
- All face cards are valued at 10 points;
- Blackjack is the strongest hand;
- Hit means receiving one card;
- Stand ends the play.
Both the player and the dealer can draw 9 additional cards with a total of 11 cards on a hand. The value mustn’t exceed 21 points.
You can find the full list under the question mark on the left upper corner of the screen. The Help Center is divided into multiple categories, each of which covers every aspect of the Atlantic City Blackjack game from its RTP to bonus features.
Atlantic City Specific Features
The Atlantic City blackjack game has lots of fans all over the world and has surely become one of the most popular blackjack variations. Although it doesn’t have side bets, there are many features to be grateful for even if you are a seasoned player. They include:
- Split your hands up to three times and four hands (a pair of Aces, though, can be split only once);
- Press Surrender and lose half bet if you notice that the dealer might get blackjack in one card;
- You can buy insurance for half of the initial bet;
- Blackjack pays 3:2, while other hands – 1:1;
- The dealer stands on all 17s.
Atlantic City Bets & Payouts
Atlantic City blackjack allows betting from $1 to $200 or another currency unit. To choose the bet amount, pick a chip at the bottom left corner of the screen using the arrows. Atlantic City blackjack online has rather simple rules, so you can easily calculate the payouts on your own by dividing the odds. For example, 3:2, divide 3 by 2 = 1.5. Multiply the result by your bet + the bet = your overall win. Blackjack on a hand has 3:2 odds, standard win – 1:1, and insurance win – 2:1.
Atlantic City RTP & Volatility
Atlantic City from Microgaming has low to average volatility, so you can play at an easy pace. Yes, the winnings might not be that enormous but will surely happen rather often. What we also like about Atlantic City and blackjack, in general, is that it has a very high payout percentage – 99.65%, so as a rule, you will return everything that was spent.
Atlantic City Winning Strategies
When playing slots, users actually don’t control anything and the game relies on luck. They simply make a bet and follow the screen to see whether any winning combinations land or not. But blackjack is different because a player becomes an active participant in the game and can impact the outcome. That is why using winning strategies is a big advantage. Here are the most common ones:
- Basic blackjack strategy. It can be applied to all types of blackjack, as it is based on the simulation of millions of hands. In a separate table, players can find outcomes of literally any combination and make a corresponding decision even with limited skills. Counting cards on your own is already in the past!
- Don’t use the Surrender feature too much. Some players become more relaxed knowing that they can use the late surrender, so immediately lose focus. There are also those who use this feature too much and end up wasting too much money on the hands that were actually quite good.
- Play with your means. It is a golden rule of gambling if you don’t want to lose your money or even get into debt. Always understand how much funds you have and leave the table when it runs out.
These simple but effective strategies will help you play blackjack for longer, keep the money, and even increase your bankroll.
Play Atlantic City on Mobile Devices
Almost every Microgaming game is now optimised for smartphones so that you can enjoy Atlantic City Gold not only on your laptop or personal computer but on a smartphone or tablet. The simplest way is to choose a mobile casino that has Atlantic City in the lobby and play this game through the browser. There are also online casinos with native apps although you’ll have to spend some time downloading the app.
Atlantic City Comparing to Other Blackjack Games
This blackjack variation is rather similar to traditional ones although there are several differences that you should be aware of. This will help you choose the right option and make your gambling experience as diverse as possible.
|Variation||RTP||Decks||BJ Win||Player Win||Mobile|
Atlantic City Blackjack Alternatives
If blackjack is your favourite game, but you have tired playing same old Altantic City, give other blackjack demos from our collection a try:
Expert’s Verdict on Atlantic City Blackjack
|Winning Possibility||Sounds and design||Game description||Functionality|
Atlantic City Blackjack from Microgaming is a great option for beginners and unhurried players. Here, the computer dealer shuffles cards in two separate hands, the background music plays, and you get a chance to dive into a relaxed casino atmosphere. The functionality is rich and the rules are simple. Microgaming did its best to create a classic yet modern Atlantic City Blackjack variation that everyone loves. The main reasons to play this online game are:
- Several extras you won’t find in standard blackjack;
- Suits players who love American-style blackjack;
- Has the Late Surrender feature;
- Lower house edge compared to other variations;
- Unlike six deck games, Atlantic City offers a bigger diversity.
Atlantic City Blackjack FAQ
Is playing Atlantic City Blackjack rewarding?
- Atlantic City Blackjack is one of the most rewarding card games on the modern market. It has low variance which is the best for slow and cautious players. The house edge is 0.35% which means that you can return the money you have spent on your one or two hands in 99.65% of cases. This percentage is based on millions of test deals.
Can I use card counting to win in Atlantic City?
- Many players count cards, especially when it comes to offline casinos. But the industry doesn’t stand in one place and there are much simpler ways to increase your chances of winning. For example, the basic strategy. It can be applied to all types of blackjack games including a single deck variation. Above, we have discussed this and other popular strategies in more detail.
How can I protect myself from losing too much?
- When gambling, a player loses from time to time. But while some users let the situation go, others feel stress and anxiety and do everything to win back the losses. This usually leads to compulsive decisions and may even develop an addiction. To eliminate the risks, we recommend getting familiar with Responsible Gambling measures at CasinoHEX or the websites of gaming regulators, taking breaks, and setting automatic loss limits. They will protect your mental health and budget, and let you gamble with ease.
What are the Atlantic City Blackjack rules?
- Although blackjack is more challenging than casino slots, the rules are still rather simple. A user plays against the dealer and needs to collect 21 points on the hand or beat the computer. They get two face up cards and can decide whether to stand, get a second card, double the bet, or finish the round. The card values range from 2 to 11.