Credit cards are a universal payment method that is chosen by millions of people across the world. Such transactions are fast and secure and are widely accepted at offline venues, online stores, and of course gambling sites.
In the guideline below, New Zealand players are introduced to the history of Visa, Amex, and other companies, transaction fees, trusted online casinos with credit cards, and more. You will also learn how to deposit and withdraw and choose the best credit card casino in a matter of minutes. Remember, picking the right online casino payment method is key to an outstanding gaming experience.
New Zealand Online Casinos That Accept Credit Cards in 2022
|$12250||Read Review||Red Dog||260+|
|€100 + 100 FS||Read Review||7bitCasino||600+|
Slots of Vegas
|$5000 + 35 FS||Read Review||Slots of Vegas||250+|
|$3500 + 125 FS||Read Review||Lucky Creek||136+|
|$576 + 58 FS||Read Review||Mandarin Palace||136+|
|400% + 25 FS||Read Review||Rich Palms||220+|
|$350 + 30 FS||Read Review||Melbet||3000+|
Royal Ace Casino
|35 FS||Read Review||Royal Ace Casino||150+|
|NZ$1000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Jonny Jackpot||1400+|
|NZ$2000 + 100 FS||Read Review||Kosmonaut Casino||1800+|
|📌 Number of Casinos||45|
|📌 Casino Games||3000+|
|📌 Max Bonus||NZ$2250|
|📌 Best Casino||CasiGO|
|📌 Min Deposit||$1|
|📌 Deposit Alternatives||POLi, Paysafe, Skrill|
How To Use Credit Cards for Online Gambling?
The history of credit cards began in the 1950s and they have quickly gained popularity both in the United States and beyond. Eight years later, American Express introduced a global credit card network that offered multiple perks for the users. A distinguishing feature of credit cards is an opportunity to spend money without actually owning them. At the end of the month or a certain period, you simply need to put the sum on your credit card account and pay an interest fee if the date is overdue.
This payment service is widely used at offline and Internet stores, and the number of online gambling sites that accept credit cards is constantly growing. However, some authorities worry that compulsive New Zealand gamblers might deepen their addiction by using borrowed money. That is why since 2020, UK players can’t use credit cards at online casinos.
When choosing top online casino sites with this banking option, New Zealanders are guaranteed to have smooth deposits and withdrawals, top-notch security, and great convenience. What else is needed for a perfect pastime?
Safety & Security of Payments
By right, NZ online casinos that accept credit cards are considered one of the most reliable in the industry. This payment method is supplied with top-notch encryption and two-factor authentication by email or SMS. You need to insert a unique code during every transaction which almost eliminates the chances of fraud and other illegal activities with your data.
To add security, modern credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro have outstanding applications and support Face ID, so you can log in to the bank account only with a photo of your face or a fingerprint.
Extra Deposit Fees
In most cases, players are not charged additional fees for making a credit card deposit. However, you should keep in mind that there is currency conversion if you play not in NZD and an interest fee for those who have used borrowed money via a credit card. Some banks may ask you to pay a withdrawal fee of around 1-2% but most New Zealand online casinos don’t have any extra payments.
Average Withdrawal Time
Choosing an online casino that accepts credit cards has lots of advantages but the withdrawal time might not be one of them. Like any other traditional payment method, they take around 3-5 working days to process the transaction and send you the money. It is definitely faster than direct money transfers and cheques but slower than e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
How To Make Credit Card Casino Deposits
Almost every New Zealand gambler has a credit or debit card, so completing an online transaction is very easy. The process of making a casino deposit with a credit card is straightforward and includes the following stages:
- Get a credit card from the chosen bank by going there in person or completing the procedure online. Usually, the card is issued in a matter of 2-3 days.
- Choose an online casino. Below, you can read about the best NZ brands and criteria to keep in mind. Then, create an account by filling in the requested windows with your personal information.
- Go to the Cashier, choose the necessary credit card from the list, and indicate your details.
- Pick the necessary amount (check the minimum requirements first) and finalize the payment. To deposit funds, you will be asked to insert a verification code.
Nowadays, most online casinos have instant deposits, so New Zealand players can start gambling at once.
How To Withdraw Your Casino Winnings Using Credit Cards
Thousands of NZ online casinos allow withdrawing with a method used for depositing. This means that if you have used a credit card for topping the balance, cashing out the winnings will be easy because all information is already in the system. Here’s how to withdraw money using a credit card:
- Go to the Cashier and press Withdraw;
- Pick the preferred payment method and indicate the sum. Pay attention to withdrawal limits;
- Verify the transaction if requested and wait for your money to arrive. It may take up to 5 workdays.
Almost every credit card online casino follows the KYC procedures, so ask New Zealand players to verify their identities before cashing out for the first time. To complete this step successfully, you should send a copy of your identity document, driver’s license, or utility bill to customer support. Verification is a one-time procedure that shows that you are who you are and don’t use someone else’s documents for gambling.
Top 10 Credit Card Casinos for New Zealanders
If you want to play casino games for real money, make sure to choose a brand that meets the highest standards. And if you don’t have time to compare and rank, just pick one of the best credit card casinos presented below:
|NZ Casino||Welcome Bonus||Min Deposit|
|🏆 Gaming Club Casino||NZ$350||NZ$10|
|🏆 Jonny Jackpot Casino||NZ$1000 + 100 FS||NZ$5|
|🏆 Jackpot City Casino||NZ$1600||NZ$20|
|🏆 Captain Spins Casino||NZ$1200 + 260 FS||NZ$10|
|🏆 Lucky Nugget Casino||NZ$200||NZ$10|
|🏆 Fastpay Casino||NZ$150 + 100 FS||NZ$10|
How CasinoHEX Evaluates Online Casinos with Credit Cards
To play in credit card online casinos for real money without any stress and fear, you need to know what a reliable brand looks like. At CasinoHEX, we have an effective scheme with a list of criteria that a leading casino should have: from offering the most popular payment methods to offering live dealer games. Here are five such criteria:
✅ International Licenses
First of all, a credit card casino should be officially approved by an international authority. When you see the logos from the UKGC, MGA, or another reputable organization, be sure that the brand belongs to the top online casinos. It supports only reliable payment methods, is regularly audited, and offers fair and random games.
✅ Fast Deposits and Withdrawals
The best online casinos should do everything to make the transactions convenient and smooth. Our experts check if the deposits are processed instantly and the withdrawals – within the indicated timeframes. Remember, the best payout casinos in New Zealand are those which have short pending periods and don’t make you wait long.
✅ Games From The Leading Software Developers
An online casino that accepts credit cards should also have a decent lobby. When working on reviews, CasinoHEX tests each category to ensure that New Zealanders have access to slots, progressive jackpots, table games, and live dealer titles. Recommended casinos also cooperate with reliable and modern studios like Microgaming and NetEnt.
✅ Mobile Compatibility
Before adding a credit card casino to our lists, we make sure that it is possible to gamble online not only on desktop but mobile as well. When a website is fully optimized, it is possible to deposit the money within a single click, claim tens of bonuses, and play thousands of games. Mobile casinos don’t even need a native app. Although it is a big advantage.
✅ Professional Customer Support
Kiwi players that choose credit card casinos, should have access to a 24/7 support team. CasinoHEX contacts managers and asks random questions about registration, payment methods, and bonuses. We believe that having access to fast and experienced support is a must.
Best Casino Bonuses in Credit Cards Casinos
Online casino bonuses are something that we all want. They brighten any gambling session and help us spend less and play more. There is a plethora of promotions waiting for all New Zealand players at credit card casinos: welcome bonuses, deposit bonuses, free spins, tournaments with cash funds, cashback, a loyalty program, and more. If you don’t have time to search for these perks on your own, choose an offer from the list below:
|Welcome Bonus Vegas Kings||Welcome Bonus Vegas Kings|
|Welcome Bonus Casino Planet||Welcome Bonus Casino Planet|
Advantages Of Online Casinos That Accept Credit Cards
Thousands of New Zealanders play with credit cards and consider it one of the most convenient banking methods. But there are still many NZ gamblers who hesitate. If you are one of them, let us enumerate several reasons for making an online casino credit card deposit right now:
- Instant deposits. After transferring money through a credit card, you can gamble in a matter of seconds. They are accepted by thousands of online casinos, so there is a chance to choose the best platform.
- Play now, pay later. If you run out of money but want to continue playing, credit cards give such an option. But be responsible with spending funds.
- Broader deposit limits compared to debit cards and digital wallets.
- Knowing how to use them. Most of us have used credit and debit cards before, so there is no need to learn anything anew.
Disadvantages Of Using Credit Cards for Online Gambling
Before you hurry to play at online casinos that accept credit cards, we recommend learning about two most common drawbacks that they might have:
- Interest rates if you are gambling with borrowed money;
- Might not be used for withdrawals at some online casinos.
If these disadvantages are crucial, choose Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal gambling sites or stick to crypto casinos that have speedy payouts and the absence of fees.
Best Сredit Cards for Online Gambling
The modern financial world is filled with options and there are many types of credit cards to choose from. If you are ready to open an account but don’t know which service to use, read the descriptions of the best credit cards below:
If you decide to use a credit card in New Zealand online casinos, stick to one of the services mentioned above. They are able to guarantee security and stability and protect your money in the best way.
Our Verdict: Should NZ Players Use Credit Cards for Casino Payments?
Online gambling with credit cards is simple, convenient, and affordable. Almost every person in the world has one, so there is no need to create a separate card for playing at casinos. You can also make a deposit now and pay at the end of the month which adds flexibility to the process. Credit cards discussed in this guide can boast outstanding security and policies, so you don’t have to worry about being tricked out of sensitive information.
Gambling with credit cards is surely a great option to consider but compulsive New Zealand players and those who find it difficult to manage the budget should use it with caution.
Credit Card Casino FAQ ✔
Is it safe to use credit cards at online casinos?
- Modern credit cards are almost 100% secure. They run on the latest technologies and software, have encrypted databases, and are always at the forefront of inventing even better solutions. But you should remember that choosing a reliable online casino is also very important.
How to make a casino deposit with credit cards?
- First, you should open a credit card and casino account. Then, go to the Cashier section and indicate the necessary sum. Instant deposits are already a reality, so you can start gambling immediately. This procedure applies to all credit cards.
What online casinos accept credit cards?
- It is one of the most common payment methods, so cardholders won’t experience a shortage of options. You can search for brands on your own based on the criteria we have mentioned, choose brands from the list above, or research hundreds of other options on CasinoHEX.
What cards would you recommend for gambling?
- Although the list of credit cards is quite broad, we recommend sticking to time-tested and reliable companies: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. They have affordable fees, secure systems, and a great international reputation.
Are there any additional transaction fees?
- Online casino deposits are free, while certain banks may charge a commission for withdrawals. The percentage is indicated when requesting a payout, so there won’t be unexpected surprises. Some online casinos also charge a fixed fee although it is quite rare.
What are the main advantages of credit cards?
- There are many reasons to choose credit cards. First of all, they have stood the test of time. Secondly, are accepted in thousands of New Zealand online casinos across the world. Finally, they offer great data protection and encryption.
What card information should I provide when using this deposit option?
- To transfer funds, New Zealand players should insert their credit card numbers and password. To finalize the transaction, they need to insert a one-time security code sent to the phone (mobile banking, SMS, etc.)
How to choose a trustworthy credit card casino?
- Picking a good brand is not easy but CasinoHEX is ready to cover your back. In this guideline, you will find a list of criteria that we use when writing online reviews, as well as the best credit card casinos at the moment. Plus, our website contains numerous tutorials and lists with time-tested and reputable providers.